1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Connected !! LG MZ42PZ45V

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by how1970ard, Jan 5, 2005.

1. how1970ard

how1970ard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, :lesson:

I have recently purchased this plasma screen from RS and I am extremely happy with it. :thumbsup:

I have connected all my equipment and it is spot on except on some SKy channels the picture is below par. :rolleyes:

I am interested to hear if I should configure this any differently to get the best out of my set-up. :rolleyes:

The set-up is as follows:

Sony DAVS880 DVD/AMP - Component > Component (on plasma)
    Amstrad Sky (hate it !!) - Scart to RCA (Video Only - Yellow - on plasma)
    Amstrad Sky (hate it !!) - Audio Cables > DAVS880/AMP
    XBOX - Optical Out > Optical In - DAVS880/AMP and S-Video > S-Video - on plasma)

If you can suggest a way to connect the SKY to the plasma to get a better picture the great. :smashin:

Happy New Year !!! :hiya:

Howard :lease:

2. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Honestly, I'm not sure that you can improve the picture too much on this plasma. You might be able to go the route of a dedicated (expensive) scaler.

The problem is, you've bought the commercial screen, not the consumer one - which limits you both on inputs, and the video processing included on the screen. You could have got the consumer model cheaper (from RS), and are likely able to get a better picture out of it without resorting to additional equipment.