Get Carter (1971) Limited Edition 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Links: Amazon.co.uk - BFI Shop - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 25/07/2022

Newly restored in 4K from the original camera negative by the BFI, and approved by director Mike Hodges, Get Carter is back, and looking and sounding better than ever.
GC_LE_4K.jpg

GC_LE_4K (packshot).jpg

Special Features:
  • Limited edition 2-disc set (10,000 copies)
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Newly recorded introduction by Michael Caine (2022,3 mins)
  • Audio commentary featuring Michael Caine, Mike Hodges and Wolfgang Suschitzky (2000)
  • Newly recorded audio commentary featuring Kim Newman and Barry Forshaw
  • Isolated score by Roy Budd
  • Mike Hodges in Conversation (2022, 60 mins): the director discusses his career in this interview recorded at BFI Southbank
  • The Sound of Roy Budd (2022, 17 mins): film music expert Jonny Trunk explores the varied career of Roy Budd, and revisits Budd’s iconic, minimalist score for Get Carter
  • Roy Budd Plays ‘Get Carter’ (1971, 4 mins)
  • BBC Look North location report (1970, 5 mins): surviving footage of a 1971 report on Get Carter’s making, from the BBC’S regional news programme
  • Don’t Trust Boys (2022, 22 mins): actor Petra Markham reflects upon her career on stage and screen, and recalls her role in Get Carter
  • Klinger on Klinger (2022, 24 mins): Tony Klinger recalls and evaluates the career of his father, Michael Klinger, Producer of Get Carter
  • The Ship Hotel – Tyne Main (1967, 33 mins): Philip Trevelyan's wonderful film about a pub on the banks of the River Tyne
  • International trailer (1971)
  • Release trailer (2022)
  • Michael Caine's message to premiere attendees (1971, 1 min)
  • Script gallery
  • 80-page book featuring new writing by Mark Kermode, Tim Pelan, John Oliver and Jason Wood. Also includes Alex Cox's intro to the film’s Moviedrome screening in 1990, stills, and notes on the restoration by the BFI's Douglas Weir
  • Double-sided poster featuring the original UK quad and the 2022 re-release artwork
  • A set of four postcards featuring iconic scenes from the film
  • Newly created English subtitles for the Deaf and partial hearing
  • Newly created audio description track

Last edited:

IGC

Distinguished Member
What if I were to call the police and tell them there’s a bloke staying in me hotel that’s planning to shoot somebody?

You wouldn’t do that

Why not?

Because I know you wear purple underwear.

And what’s that supposed to mean?

Think about it

British cinema heaven :D

paulboland

Note
The Blu-ray disc included is just extras disc does not include film on Blu-ray in regards to 4K UHD edition

Disc 1 4K UHD (Film)
Disc 2 Blu-ray (Extras)

There is a separate 2 Disc Blu-ray limited edition release for those that need film on Blu-ray

IGC

Distinguished Member
£24.34 at Rarewaves will do nicely:

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
£24.34 at Rarewaves will do nicely:

Thanks!

Sorry. I have forgotten what happened with my previous order there. Do they take immediate payment or in despatch?

IGC

Distinguished Member
I only use PayPal with them (so immediate) I believe it's the same for credit or debit cards.

From their FAQ:

• Can I change the card details on an existing order?
As payment is taken immediately upon placing your order, we are unable to change payment details after the fact. If you wish to change the payment details, please cancel your order and place a new order with the correct card details.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
I only use PayPal with them (so immediate) I believe it's the same for credit or debit cards.

From their FAQ:

• Can I change the card details on an existing order?
As payment is taken immediately upon placing your order, we are unable to change payment details after the fact. If you wish to change the payment details, please cancel your order and place a new order with the correct card details.
Thanks. Appreciated.

Swizz

I just pre-ordered my copy from -HMV.....

Not alot of people know that.

PlexShaw

Pre-ordered from Amazon. :thumbsup:

Saw the 4K restoration at BFI Southbank a few weeks ago and it looked really impressive to my untrained eyes. Had the bonus of a brief intro/interview from a couple of BFI technical folks and Petra Markham (who plays Doreen in the film).

Gazgum

Not one for tat/steelbooks and would normally wait for reviews and a standard edition, but BFI states “Strictly limited to 10,000 copies”. While that’s a lot and it’s not clear if that’s just the special edition or the disc, I’m not taking the chance of missing this:

Pre-ordered!!

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
There was a limited run of the BFI-restored Night Of The Demo film too. I suspect that the limited run refers to the new release, but like Night Of The Demon there was eventually a cheaper option, without all the guff, which was just the disc set.

Ultimately though, all disc runs are limited. They all eventually go out of print.

Gazgum

Ultimately though, all disc runs are limited. They all eventually go out of print.
Indeed, as with the production runs of most anything, but particularly in a niche market like ours. There are no certainties, hence I’m going for this all time British classic now. Also supporting the likes of the BFI will hopefully keep them doing more for as long as our hobby lasts.

dante01

Distinguished Member
The only real reason that you got access to this is because the film itself was remastered and released in theatres. I think this instigated it being made available as a UHD disc release.

Last edited:

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
I missed that. I don't go to cinemas much because they always have the audio levels way too loud for my ears, but I would have ventured to see that on the big screen.

Gazgum

It looks like BFI do...ahem...’follow through’ with a standard edition if ‘The Seventh Seal’ is anything to go by. I’m not waiting though.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Updated full set artwork/features list added to OP.
Main change is one side of the double-sided poster will now feature the new re-release art instead of US poster art.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand