1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get a more upfront sound from Arcam!

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Sweden, Dec 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Sweden

Sweden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For those who want a more upfront sound instead of Arcams "cave sound" I can recommend TaraLabs interconnects Axiom and above.

2. purifiedaudio

purifiedaudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have A80/P80 CD73T and JM Lab 926/SW900 - Axiom interconnects are my current choice.

matt

3. Icarus

Icarus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bolting the speakers (not literally) can also have a very dramatic effect.

I have floorstanding speakers now (had standmounted speakers before) and making sure they are well spiked and absolutely no movement brings enormouse benefits. I am one of those poeople who take ages (months sometimes) deciding the optimum position for speakers regarding distance apart, distance from rear wall and toe in, having got it right, three large headed philips screws into our carpeted but awfull wood floor, place a small paving slab on top ensuring there is no movement then the speaker atop that, again make certain there is no wobble. You may be amazed at the difference.

If you cannot get away with the paving slab, put the speaker/stand spikes directly into the centre of the philips screw. SWMBO would probably never know... :thumbsup:

4. barnythebear

barnythebear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Read an article in HiFi+ talking about Nordost Pulsar Points and speakers being better for solid floors. Not tried them but I could not see my wife letting me put paving slabs in the lounge so I might have to give them a go.