Get a 10% discount at Currys

Dune

Established Member
Reaction score
If you want to get a 10% discount at Currys you can if you have an Egg Money credit card.

This is a Mastercard credit card and currently if you click-through from the link from the Egg web site in the cash back section you will see the offer.

You have to select the Egg Money cashback link link, not the other link for cashback at Curry's or you will only get 5%.

I think the cashback is paid duting the month of the transaction so you don't have to wait until some annual anniversary of you getting the card to get the money.

The only potential snag I can see is that at the moment is Currys don't appear to have a single TV in stock to buy on-line in my area. I have attempted to place in the shopping basket models from Panasonic, JVC and Samsung without success.

Your milage may vary if you live elsewhere in the country (I am on the north west).

Note you must comply with the Egg terms and conditions to get the cashback so check them out. It basically means you can't pay for the goods by placing an order by telephone or in-store using the card. They must be on-line purchases.

Very frustrating from my point of view but as I said if you live elsewhere and can actually get a TV into a Currys shopping basket you will get the 10% off.

Dave

Dune said:
The only potential snag I can see is that at the moment is Currys don't appear to have a single TV in stock to buy on-line in my area. I have attempted to place in the shopping basket models from Panasonic, JVC and Samsung without success.

Very frustrating from my point of view but as I said if you live elsewhere and can actually get a TV into a Currys shopping basket you will get the 10% off.

Dave

I know what you mean. :D I originally tried the JVC 37" and they had no stock. I spoke with Currys direct services dept who told me they are unlikely to be having anymore of this set.
I then tried the Sammy 40". the order went through but they emailed me the following day cancelling the order.
I then tried several other sets, just out of curiosity, and your right, they have hardly anything in stock.

After waiting over 3 weeks for them to collect my original faulty set, I doubt i will ever use Currys again.

yeah they are awful....i tried to get a 32wl56 at 837 quid, but they had no stock!!

The day they got some, they put up the price to 960....Nice work Currys----morons!!

oooh, I got egg Money and my bro wants an LCD, taking a look :p

SeanT said:
oooh, I got egg Money and my bro wants an LCD, taking a look :p

Apologies for going off the AV trail...I'v had an egg card for yonks. Had a few emails abuot Egg Money. What do you think so far? Do you keep your existing Egg Credit Card or swap for the Egg Money one?

TIA

I now have both, I haven't actually used the money card yet but I like the idea of being able to use it both as a credit card and if I run out of cash - and of course the interest rate is spot on, I just hope they don't change it!!!
It might prove particularly useful soon as I may need to buy a second car, and just getting the cash out on it is a sight easier than getting a loan (and about the same price)

If you had a green egg card you will keep it, but I understand that the blue cc accounts are being converted automatically to egg money

ok thanks

domtheone said:
Apologies for going off the AV trail...I'v had an egg card for yonks. Had a few emails abuot Egg Money. What do you think so far? Do you keep your existing Egg Credit Card or swap for the Egg Money one?

TIA

I had an Egg Blue card (Mastercard) and the original Egg Visa. I had almost stopped using the Egg Visa as the cash back went down to 0.1% which is useless.

The Egg Money card has standard cashback at 1% which is what Egg Visa used to be when it first started. Egg Blue was 0.5% so the change to Egg Money has meant an increase in the cash back. The interest rate for borrowing on the card is only 6.9% which is cheaper than some personal loans (but not all if you shop around).

You also get a longer interest free period by a few days with Egg Money.

All in all there is absolutely no reason to use an Egg Visa card anymore as the Egg Money is Mastercard and accepted just as widely. I only keep the Egg Visa as once a year they offer an interest free period which can come in handy.

The fact you can get 10% cash back at Currys is another bonus as if you bought the goods with the Egg Visa card you would only get 5% cash back.

Egg are doing a good job of competing with themselves.

Now if only Currys had some stock.....

Dave

domtheone said:

TIA

I had an Egg Blue card (Mastercard) and the original Egg Visa. I had almost stopped using the Egg Visa as the cash back went down to 0.1% which is useless.

The Egg Money card has standard cashback at 1% which is what Egg Visa used to be when it first started. Egg Blue was 0.5% so the change to Egg Money has meant an increase in the cash back. The interest rate for borrowing on the card is only 6.9% which is cheaper than some personal loans (but not all if you shop around).

You also get a longer interest free period by a few days with Egg Money.

All in all there is absolutely no reason to use an Egg Visa card anymore as the Egg Money is Mastercard and accepted just as widely. I only keep the Egg Visa as once a year they offer an interest free period which can come in handy.

The other thing about Egg Money is you can load it with cash and it earns 4% interest which is a better rate than my current account offers.

The fact you can get 10% cash back at Currys is another bonus as if you bought the goods with the Egg Visa card you would only get 5% cash back.

Egg are doing a good job of competing with themselves.

Now if only Currys had some stock.....

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom