1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

german Andy Warhol's Dracula/Frankenstein?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by anephric, Aug 6, 2003.

1. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    howdy,

i desperately want to order the german R2 above-mentioned disc but every supplier that i've tried (including all those i could find recommended in these forums) either ignores my emails or cancels my orders, despite claiming that they ship to the U.k.

Has anyone ordered and received this disc, and if so can they please tell me where from.

thanks,
    anephric

2. APPRIA40WR

APPRIA40WR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
  4. R N M

R N M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quite a lot actually. They've got terrible pixellated, washed out picture quality, they're non-anamorphic and ludicrously overpriced.

Criterion often do bad disks, but people just butt kiss them all the time:confused:

5. APPRIA40WR

APPRIA40WR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely no problems on the discs I owned. You maybe need to check you don't have pirate copies or make sure your player is working correctly.

Overpriced now perhaps but they were easily bought for £13-£14. If you want to see real overpricing visit German online stores.

Here's the differences Frankenstein and Dracula

Interesting comparisons.

6. R N M

R N M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's strange, becuase they're notoroisuly bad disks, I don;t reacll ever seeing a review that doesn't mention the image problems. The ones I've seen aren't copies, I assure you. I notice you say 'owned' not own. You got rid of them? They couldn;t have been that good then, could they?

7. APPRIA40WR

APPRIA40WR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You got rid of them? They couldn;t have been that good then, could they?

No, I didn't like the films. Until films can be beamed into my brain 'owning' something is the only way to watch a film.

8. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    PRECISELY the reason I sold my Crit Frankenstein:

Pic was just about okay on reg 4:3 tv, but widescreen: noooooooo! scan lines a go-go: Udo Kier's face looked like a flight of stairs.

I need anamorphic, so German 4 me! Plus they're SOOOOO much cheaper (sites have both up for about a fiver less than 1 Crit) PLUS they have more xtras!

THAT'S why non! to Criterion!

I've found a lot of Crit dvds that aren't anamorphic look terrible on a 16:9 tv: considerably more so than most other dvds that aren't anamorphic. Meh, whatever. I certainly won't shell out for Crit again unless i KNOW what I'm getting.

regards,
    anephric

9. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    by the way, I've tried

http://www.1a-dvdshop.ch/details/film10791.asp

already: ordered discs, checked order page a few days later, order cancelled:nothing wrong with my credit card so emailed them, in German, 4 times. received no response ever at any time. Teutonic degenerates. Pah!

And most German sites i've tried don't stock them, so I'll give Absurd Online a go.

Thanks for the feedback.

regards,
    anephric