George Segal

Laureline

800.jpeg
george-segal-ap-mo-20210323_1616554557810_hpMain_31x13_992.jpg

george-segal.jpg

George Segal has died at the age of 87, following complications from a heart bypass.

Though these days he's better known for his television work, currently "The Goldbergs" and previously "Just Shoot Me". George's film CV includes 1966's "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf" in which he appeared alongside Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucy Van Pelt

He was fantastic in the Goldbergs I just heard on the radio while getting ready for sleepy byes

I didn't even know he was that old, he looked great for his age

RIP, he will be missed

(wish I had a grandad like Pops in the Goldbergs, one died before I was born, the other was a right humourless grump)

Garrett

I was annoyed at weekend they showed a clip of his Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox going to be shown in the afternoon and forgot till the evening.
Played Quiller a more downbeat secret agent in the proliferation of spy films in the 60s in Quiller Memorandum.
Like the thread starter use to also liked Just Shoot Me.

R.I.P. George

Garrett

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: just looked for a trailer for the film and at the end says its on this afternoon, stuck it in the recorder incase I forget again.
2.30 this afternoon on Talking Pictures.

Laureline

He was fantastic in the Goldbergs I just heard on the radio while getting ready for sleepy byes

I didn't even know he was that old, he looked great for his age

RIP, he will be missed

(wish I had a grandad like Pops in the Goldbergs, one died before I was born, the other was a right humourless grump)

Hiya Lucy

There's a new episode on ABC tonight and judging by the trailers he features in this episode. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Yes I kind of missed out on the whole grandparents thing, I'm quite envious when you see the idealized relationship on TV.

Lucy Van Pelt

Hiya Lucy

There's a new episode on ABC tonight and judging by the trailers he features in this episode. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Yes I kind of missed out on the whole grandparents thing, I'm quite envious when you see the idealized relationship on TV.
Thanks for letting me know

decobelle

Aw, rest in peace George, I loved you in Just Shoot Me, The Goldbergs...and as the biological dad in Look Who's Talking! He popped up in so many things I watched.

Moviebuff

Remember him playing Harry Calder, in the 70's disaster flick "Rollercoaster", along with Richard Widmark & Timothy Bottoms. It had the honary distinction of being the first movie I recorded on our rental VHS video recorder, back in the 70's.

RIP George - another movie legend gone.

Cevolution

I watched Look Who's Talking on Blu-ray a couple of months ago, good film (I hadn't seen it years), I enjoyed watching George play Albert ... Just Shoot Me! Is my favourite sitcom of all time:

🤣

RIP George

Last edited:

Cassandra1956

Huge fan of George Segal. Excellent actor and always had a twinkle in his eye. My favourite movie was Bridge at Remagen

RIP George

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom