George Lucas to re-release Star Wars AGAIN!!!!

pmc

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I found this shot of the new special effects :mad:

starwarsdogs.jpg

And we all breathe easy :cool:

lol, great one.
Have to copy that pic into my fun archive ;)

wouldn't somehow be surprised, rereleasing it again (wasn't it anyway planned, all 3 new or even all 6 episodes on one medium sooner or later).

Still stays a cash cow after all for ol' Lucas...

Still stays a cash cow after all for ol' Lucas...

As it should. After all, no-one complains about the amount of times that the Lord Of The Rings books are reprinted.

Admittedly, they don't have any more scenes than when they were first released :)

I wouldn't have been surprised if there'd been a DVD release announced around about now, though. Star Wars is back in the public consciousness with The Clone Wars and...well, it is only two months to Christmas.

Seriously, though, I think the films should have a theatrical re-release every so many years, just so each new generation is introduced to the story (there's no doubting its profound effect it has on kids). Same for LOTR, too, for kids a bit older.

As it should. After all, no-one complains about the amount of times that the Lord Of The Rings books are reprinted.

Admittedly, they don't have any more scenes than when they were first released :)

I wouldn't have been surprised if there'd been a DVD release announced around about now, though. Star Wars is back in the public consciousness with The Clone Wars and...well, it is only two months to Christmas.

Seriously, though, I think the films should have a theatrical re-release every so many years, just so each new generation is introduced to the story (there's no doubting its profound effect it has on kids). Same for LOTR, too, for kids a bit older.

think a theatrical rerelease every now and then would be over done (unless maybe every 10 years with full bang, or every 5 years with not so much bang, whereas bang = marketing / advertising hype etc...)

shouldn't there be a Blu Ray (who had the great idea of leaving the "e" out of "Blu"... muppets) with SW instead? I think Lucas once said he would release all again on a new medium instead of DVD, and well, BR is sort of new now ;)

Oh, yeah, ten years would do just fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom