Geon: Emotions

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by FatBoysOnTour, Sep 19, 2007.

1. FatBoysOnTour

FatBoysOnTour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    First impressions of this one anyone?

Sounds like an interesting cross between Marble Madness, Pac-Man and Speedball.

I'll definitely be trying it out when I get home from work, but has anyone else had a chance to download and play it yet?

Let us know what you think

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    Funny you should ask, just come off playing it now.

Very strange game, yet somehow I have a feeling it could be a good, if not very good one. For me it's one of those games where you can't really make an impression from the limited demo.

TBH I didn't expect to like this game from the screens I'd seen, but I think I can see a good multiplayer game in this one, especially with four players over Live.

Will be very interested to hear other peoples impressions of the game, especially if anyone's unlocked the full game already.

For me I might wait until I've read at least one review before deciding, but I do see this as a very likely purchase ATM:)

3. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    Ah, bugger waiting for a review, I'm going to unlock this game now:D

Not a review as such but a nice insight into the game http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchnews.asp?newsid=158606

Look forward to having a few Live games with some fellow AVFers, seems there are a few online modes which sound like fun.

4. Caveman49

Caveman49

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    It is weird - but like you Tetlee - I can see this being a hoot online.

I have only downloaded the trial version so far, and you are right - there is not much there. I also think that my daughter (who is 6) might get the hang of it so we can play splitscreen.

If a few of us are going to get it, then count me in - Fatboys, can I send you a FR please ???

5. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    Just had a few games of the full version & I do think we have a multiplayer classic on our hands here:D

Haven't really got a clue how to use the power-ups yet but from the computer player using them on me they look very original and should be make some very tense/funny moments on Live.

From the gamespot preview they did mention that although the power-ups seem daunting at first they're all pretty simple to use & only require a button press so I think it's just a matter of familiarising ourselves with them.

Love this game already and wouldn't be surprised if it quickly turns into my favourite XBLA game, amazing really when it just came out of nowhere and I hadn't even heard of the game before yesterday, the beauty of XBLA I guess:)

6. FatBoysOnTour

FatBoysOnTour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    by all means, please do :thumbsup:

yup, enjoying this one myself, definitely a little bit different, so count me in too!

7. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
  8. RichKS

RichKS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I was sort of dreading the release of this.

I know one of the developers. I looked at the video and screenshots and listened to him talk about the game and, well, it sounded like it was going to be pretty crap. "It's unlike anything you've played before" is usually a bad sign in a game's marketing, because quite often it means that the game consists of one mechanic which all other developers have rejected because it doesn't work. Since the guy was describing Geon as "a cross between Pac Man and football" I wasn't really expecting much from it: That sounds like the stupidest game concept ever. "It's like Gears of War, but with a dash of Viva Pinata" might be worse.

There's a certain degree of of discomfort when one of your mates releases something which is crap. You have to skirt the subject carefully and not really say what you think about the game. I can remember when XS and Carmageddon came out, I knew quite a lot of the developers and artists who worked on those games. Lets just say they weren't stellar titles shall we.

When the game came out I checked it out and thought, actually, this is OK. But it's hard to tell if it was just me, because I had a small emotional investment in the game and therefore wanted to like it. It looks like it's not just me, a lot of people are saying that this is a fun game and worth playing online. So yay! :thumbsup:

9. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    played the demo last night and loved it, will be unlocking full game later tonight so feel free to add fragdude to your FL.

regards
    j

10. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    Will make a space to add you later fragdude, looking forward to getting online with this one:thumbsup:

11. Caveman49

Caveman49

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Will also d/load full game tomorrow - so sign me up as a friend and see you on-line ! :smashin:

12. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    Decided to try and get a couple of online games of Geon yesterday, tried several different times of the day but couldn't find a single other player, even with me hosting a game:rolleyes:

Can understand this game isn't for everyone but I must admit I'm surprised at the complete lack of interest, I think it's a great little game!

Anyway, already have Caveman & FatBoys on my FL, sent you a request yesterday
    Mr Ooops, maybe we can get a couple or few games arranged for the weekend, would like to try out the 4 player modes, I guess we would easy play ranked aswell seeing as nobody's about to pick up those achievements:)

RichKS, did you unlock the full game BTW? if so I'll make a space on my FL & pop you a request later.

13. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    Anyone tried the mini-games yet? In contrast to the main game they're extremely tough(not to add frustrating! Arghhhh!:eek:).

I managed to do the first one a couple of times without too many knocks but even then it says "you lost" when I reach the goal. It doesn't seem to make it very clear what you need to do to win. I'm guessing you need to complete each level in within a certain time limit but unlike the other modes it doesn't say what:confused:

Only unlocked two of the mini-games so far, despite being frustrating they're a nice addition and a change of style from the main game and a good challenge. Some of the latter ones look hard as nails!

Still haven't managed to find an online game yet, if anyone fancies playing a round or two online drop me an invite or message and we'll get it sorted:)