1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geometry problem on Loewe Aconda 9381 ZW

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by m23, May 26, 2002.

1. m23

m23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the following problem.

On the right side of the screen is a 1 cm thick area where the image is shrinked. Best visible when the screen moves horizontally with DNM activated. Its not extremly bad but disturbing and should in my opinion not happen on a TV that expensive. The tv is two weeks old.

Ist somebody here with the same problem.

Should i call a Service Engineer to fix this or should i ask for replacement?

I have tried to fix this in the Service menu but it looks like there is no option which has influence on this.

regards

m23

2. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    "The image is shrinked", I'm not sure I know what this means. On my Aconda when the source is from my decoder there is a only what I can describe as a 1cm mirrored image of the picture on either side of the screen in "Cine" mode only. Its kinda like the edges you see sometimes on mirrors reflecting the picture on the screen somewhat. I can adjust the horizontal view to get rid of this. As this does not occur when the source is either straight from the aerial, the video or DVD I suspect its more got to do with the decoding of the signal in the decoder than the t.v.I hope this might help.

3. m23

m23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think this is not the same problem.

My problem occurs on every 16:9 image which fills the screen completely, regardless of DVD, TV etc.

A better is description is maybe if you think about something like the border of a magnifier.

If you imagine the head of a person is near the right border oft the screen his head is about 30% smaller in size horizontally than it is on the centre of the screen.

4. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Time to call in a service engineer or get a replacement. With a 2 week old t.v. you really should have no problem replacing it.