Geometry + Factory defaults

S

shaunashott

If the settings on the service menu are changed, and you save them, is there anyway you can reset them to the factory defaults? i am pretty sure its a no..

Also can the geometry be setup again by a expert who visits the house or would the engineer have to take the tv away?

finally is there a website that states what each option does? some are obvious but some are just plain funky.

any help would be helpful

sony kp44px2

Originally posted by shaunashott
If the settings on the service menu are changed, and you save them, is there anyway you can reset them to the factory defaults? i am pretty sure its a no..

Most TVs store their settings in an EEPROM (Electronically Erasible Programmable Read Only Memory). These do sometimes come with default settings at the production stage but once they are tweaked for that particular set, the default settings are erased, so the short answer to your question is no.

Also can the geometry be setup again by a expert who visits the house or would the engineer have to take the tv away?

If the visiting engineer has a decent pattern generator then it is possible to do it in the house.

finally is there a website that states what each option does? some are obvious but some are just plain funky.

Most settings are standard so a search engine should reveal them but some have slightly different names depending on the manufacturer. The best source is to try and get the Service manual.

Originally posted by shaunashott
If the settings on the service menu are changed, and you save them, is there anyway you can reset them to the factory defaults?

Yes. You do what you should always do when altering Service Menu settings... write the original settings down somewhere. If you then decide to go back to the out of the box, factory settings, you simply re-enter the original settings.

this has probably been discussed before, but i still cant figure why tv manuacturers dont bring some of these adjustments from behind the back-door, and include them as part of an 'advanced settings' in the regular graphical menu. They could use a similar approach to the PC monitor industry, and also include a 'reset to default' option.

I agree but you need to know what you are doing...

In the wrong hands you could end up in a right mess.

Could be more business for engineers putting it right I suppose.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom