1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

geomatry adjusting on one side of the picture can this be done?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by djg1, Mar 13, 2003.

1. djg1

djg1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have recently seen a Panasonic 32PL1 i was thinking of buying, however when i looked at the geomatry of the set it was just out.

i.e. put the it in picture mode 4.3 and the right side is nearly straight, the left side however bows out slightly giving a slightly inflated picture to the left.

On the Panasonics "just" and "widescreen" modes the picture geomatry is fine apart from a slight rise from the middle on the top right of the picture.

Speaking to an engineer in Currys who does not do these alterations, he tells me that this problem cannot be adjusted because the geomatry can only be adjusted equally both sides together, and not one side without the other!

Is this right?

if i purchased the set would a proper engineer be able to sort this out or not?

thanx :smashin:

2. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    If you are going to purchase a new set and not the one you just seen. Yours may not come with this problem. It pot of luck with any new tv

3. djg1

djg1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no i would have to buy this one as it is the last one left. (display)
    ps have to buy from this shop.

does anybody know?