genuine help needed

D

den911

could somebody pleae take a bit of time and try to help me out . i have got premier pro , i have bought it now so its to late to go back . i am very frustrated with it as i am only a novice and it seems very complicated . so i go to pc world buy adobe classroom in a book get home and can i make head nor tail of it no i can,t. i know it takes time to learn software like this but i only wanted to capture and auto detect scenes , delete scenes i dont want , add transitions render and save to start off with i dont seem to be able to get to grips with that (going on book ) it looks like i have purchased incorrect book for learner , could anyone point me in the right direction please . any help or advice would be really appreciated . thanks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I can't help you with Premier Pro. However, rather than buying the wrong book, I hate to say it, but I think your biggest problem is buying the wrong software when MS Movie Maker 2, which is free, will do everything you need.

If there is no way of taking the software back, then maybe your best bet would be to try and find someone willing to buy it off you, either in these forums, or on eBay.

Adobe Premier, Pinnacle Edition and other non linear editing programs are extremely hard to use for a novice. I'm also not sure if they will auto detect scenes (someone correct me here if I'm wrong). I know I spent some time with Pinnacle Edition, having been used to using Pinnacle Studio, and have given up with it as I don't have the time required to use it to it's fullest. In fact, I'd say for most home editing, Premier and Edition are total overkill.

thanks for reply you may be right . you see i was under the impression that the more expensive the software the better quality video you achieve . i have adobe encore that i use for encoding /transcoding and was happy with result with wich the editing was done with ulead . ithought that when i came to save my work as a avi doing the rendering in a more epesive software would give me better results , it seems not , anyway i think i have learnt my lesson .

Hi Dennis, there are some much easier books than the adobe ones. Please don't let everyone tell you it's really difficult - once you get started it isn't that bad. I recommend you go to a good bookstore such as one of the larger Borders and have a look at some of the 'How to use' books published by www.samspublishing.com - they don't have premiere pro yet as it's still relatively new - only 6 and 6.5 but I'm sure they will bring it out soon. There are many other publishers as well that use a much more relaxed teaching style than Adobe, using cartoon like examples and written in 'non techno-speak'. As the others say though, it depends how much and how complex your editing is likely to be. The other stuff is certainly much cheaper and easier to use, but cannot do as much as Premiere. You won't have a problem selling it in the classifieds or on eBay. Are you in London?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom