Genuine Battery vs Copy ?

jeddati

Hi I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this I have a Canon camera and needed a spare battery.

What will be the difference between a Genuine CANON Original Battery NB-5L £32 pounds Vs a Copy for £10 (with 1 year warranty from a reputable retailer) not fleabay.

Any advice would be appreciated :thumbsup:

tonkie

Hi I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this I have a Canon camera and needed a spare battery.

What will be the difference between a Genuine CANON Original Battery NB-5L £32 pounds Vs a Copy for £10 (with 1 year warranty from a reputable retailer) not fleabay.

Any advice would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Don't use the NB-5L but use the LP-5E and I got a copy from 7dayshop for £5.29 and liked it so much I got 2 more only time will tell how long they last, but they work fine and I never know which one I have in the camera:thumbsup:

jeddati

Yes but the NB-5L and the LP-E5 are different batteries ?:confused: the LP-E5 wont fit into my camera ? IXUS850 IS

tryingtimes

I've had poor results long term with 7 day shop AA batteries and some other generic camera batteries.
They're great at first but then deteriorate quickly. Some of the AAs have bubbled and have had to be thrown away.

So after looking around at battery reviews I decided to give Ansmann a try. They seem to take their batteries pretty seriously (they produce batteries for model RC racing cars), so I've bought a load of AAs and some camera ones too. They're a bit dearer (£10-15) but I feel more confident after seeing the performance figures on The Battery Review Home Page and others.

Dave

Distinguished Member
Copies all the way for me, they perform the same as Sony batteries and cost less than a quarter of the price.

Just be careful on fleabay, I had one from Hong Kong that didn't work but got a refund, the other one worked perfectly.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom