gentle persuading

D

dixiemax

Now I'm trying to persaude the Minx that we need a new(ish) LCD Tv but she's just not bothered (her excuse is it's too near xmas). Our old 8yrs CRT is past its best plus I want a treat. Surely some of you guys have had to address this in the past. Any suggestions please. I have tried the usual bloke things like "you can change your own lightbulbs, take the dog out, top up your own screenwash" etc.... you know those things they really need us for, but its not happening. Incidently the TV I fancy is second hand but only 11 months old Samsung LE40R5 so also would appreciate views on this. Its from friend of a friend type of thing whos supposed to be getting a projector so his TV is up for sale £700 with a glass stand.(reckons less than half price new)

thanks all

Dixie

gmp

Novice Member
TV is just the beginning, a longer term strategy needs to be planned as once TV is in place you need to be able to substantiate the need for SKY HD, upscaling DVD and home cinema amp. Project gone well over last 6 months, with wifee impressed by pq and space saved by getting rid of bulky crt, however if she ever sits down and works out how much the whole lot costs I'm for it! Slowly slowly catchee monkey!

Inactive

Novice Member
Do as the " minx " says, you know it makes sense...;)

I bet there is nothing wrong with the 8 year old CRT...:cool:

D

dixiemax

Got this TV yesterday! I showed copy of Scotts Info ....thanks...and got the price down a lot (£590 with a smoked black glass stand and all the leads etc)
Visited a couple of high street elec.stores with the Minx first for the shock factor so this looked a good price.
Anyway she reckons thats my lot for Xmas but not complaining, got my own way for once!
Tv is in mint condition and checked it working first, just need to get it connected up so I'll probably be back here for more help.

Dixie

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom