Genserve

harlech

Standard Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Genserve recently? They repaired my amp a couple of years ago and it has to go in again. I sent them an email (address on their website) on Monday morning and I've heard nothing. This makes me nervous. I could phone them but I'd like some assurance they're not about to go the way of Woolworths before I send them my amp. I'd hate to see it sold at auction to pay off their creditors.:rolleyes:

Has anyone used Genserve recently? They repaired my amp a couple of years ago and it has to go in again. I sent them an email (address on their website) on Monday morning and I've heard nothing. This makes me nervous. I could phone them but I'd like some assurance they're not about to go the way of Woolworths before I send them my amp. I'd hate to see it sold at auction to pay off their creditors.:rolleyes:

In the current economic climate using any Company is slightly worrying. Their website is still up with no homepage Receiver winding up message.

I would try phoning them my experience suggests many companies are not too good at answering emails.

Being optimistic, with the current doom & gloom Genserve could do well, as a lot of people may elect a repair instead of replacement.

They are Onkyo's UK service agent.

They can be a little slow on occasion and sometimes difficult to get through to.

I emailed them and never got a reply. I rang them and it got answered within a few rings and that was on the 6th Jan, my amp was collected next day and came back last week after firmware and DSP updates. It did take a couple of tries to get an answer last Thursday I must admit. My amp arrived back next day as they promised.
I've certainly no reason to think they are not around. Website says they do repairs for lots of makes not just Onkyo. I wouldn't wait for an email reply, ring them up instead.

Andy.

My Onkyo 605 is with them at the moment, its took them a week and a half to look at it as they are very busy!
Spoke to them today and it could be another couple of weeks before i see the Onk again as it needs a new HDMI board(ordered in from Germany), seem very helpful though.
So in a nutshell they are still around.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom