Genie Subwoofer problem

Claes Bengtsson

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a Mordaunt Short sub Ginie that cause me head ache. Besides good sound it goes "thump" with some 5-10 minutes intervals. I exchanged for another identical MS sub: same problem so it is likely a generic design issue or external disturbances since with the sub separated from amp and cables, the problem remains. I have tried feeding it from a gounded circuit in my home, same problem. The sub has dual imputs, I've tried entering with a single cable and to split the cable into both imputs. Same problem.

Anyone having an ide of what to do? HELP!!

/Claes

As usual you'd want to first figure out whether it's a problem with the sub or it's external issue, if the latter, whether it's coming through the signal input or power line.

I'd first leave it with no signal cables connected and see if same thing happens. If it does it's thing every 5-10 mins, would be rather quick test. Another very useful way to test when signal related issues are in doubt would be using isolated signal source - I always recommend as easiest to do to connect to your phone while running on battery. You'd need a cable of the likes of this one (sorry, for whatever reason link doesn't show up...) usually.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom