Genie or Avant Premier Plus

ColdKilla

Hiya,
I have read good reviews on the Mordaunt Short speaker packages but was just wondering are the genie's notably better than the avant premier plus with the 309 active sub?

I know they are a couple of hundred quid more expensive but money is not really the issue to be honest, I prefer the look of the Premier Plus but obviously if the genie sound is far superior I would be a fool to pass them up!

Anyone got any experiences?

CK

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Genie is better but it is a matter of lively debate to how much better :). It will do better than the premiere plus for films and music but by the same token, using a pair of 900 speakers (906 is a good choice) as front left and right and moving the rest of the speakers round for a full seven channels will be good for films and very good for music.
Your call.
ToF

ColdKilla

The 906 front was my original choice but I dont think I have quite enough space around my stand for them to sit comfortably - which is a real ****!

Plus I had the speaker cable for the rears pre wired when the house was built and foolishly only put in two cables rather than four. Having done that I dont want to run cables round the lounge, altho when I buy my new amp I will probably weaken and do it anyway!

CK

Top Bottom