1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genie or Avant Premier Plus

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ColdKilla, Oct 20, 2005.

1. ColdKilla

ColdKilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hiya,
    I have read good reviews on the Mordaunt Short speaker packages but was just wondering are the genie's notably better than the avant premier plus with the 309 active sub?

I know they are a couple of hundred quid more expensive but money is not really the issue to be honest, I prefer the look of the Premier Plus but obviously if the genie sound is far superior I would be a fool to pass them up!

Anyone got any experiences?

CK

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,330
    Genie is better but it is a matter of lively debate to how much better :). It will do better than the premiere plus for films and music but by the same token, using a pair of 900 speakers (906 is a good choice) as front left and right and moving the rest of the speakers round for a full seven channels will be good for films and very good for music.
    Your call.
    ToF

3. ColdKilla

ColdKilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The 906 front was my original choice but I dont think I have quite enough space around my stand for them to sit comfortably - which is a real ****!

Plus I had the speaker cable for the rears pre wired when the house was built and foolishly only put in two cables rather than four. Having done that I dont want to run cables round the lounge, altho when I buy my new amp I will probably weaken and do it anyway!

CK