1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genie Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by shodan, May 7, 2003.

1. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,678
    A while ago I bought a PAYG SIM card for O2, through Genie. I believe they have now merged.

With my SIM card, I have to put on a minimal of £10 per month and this gives me 300 text messages (I'm a bit of a txt fiend) and £10 worth of calls.
    The top up can be done by voucher, credit card or e-top up card.

Well, a while ago I use my e-top to keep things going and found that although it went through, I was getting charged for my text's for about 48 hours after. When I contacted O2 (the service provider), I was told that I needed to speak to Genie as thats who the SIM came from! And no, they couldn't give me another number for Genie, despite as I believe, Genie are owned by O2.

So I go to the Genie site (which is now an O2 site) and I e-mail, explaining the problem. I don't want my money back, I just want an explanation and an assurance that it won't happen again.

I never got a reply. I e-mailed again, and never got a reply.

After tons of searching and going back to O2 etc. I am given a number to contact Genie Customer (dis)Service. It is an 0906 number so there is no way I'm going to pay premium rates to speak to them in the hope that they can explain their co*k up to me!!!!

Anybody else have this experience? Or anything to advice for me? I'm very tempted to put O2 on hit list......

Thanks
    John

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    This is one of my pet hates, customer service numbers on premium rates.If you have to call cs, chances are it's the result of poor service or a complaint and you're reward for complaining about the buggers is they charge you through the nose for the privelige of complaining about them. Thanks but no thanks.
    I was so incensed about this practice i spent many hours finding who the directors of a company were and with the help of a bit of software managed to get the home details of some directors.It's amazing how quick problems go away when you start phoning them at their house. :devil:

3. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,678
    Actually, I have done that before!!!! I'll not post name or details here but I can tell you thatI send the MD of this particular company an e-mail saying "As I've had absolutely no luck with your customer service dept, I shall call you during the evening on 01*** ******" his home number.
    The customer service dept seemed to really improve, almost overnight you could say....

4. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've found the best way to deal with customer service issues is to go into an O2 shop and kick up a stink. I downloaded a free game from O2 and got charged for it twice. After being passed around from one department to another and sending shed loads of email with no luck, I walked into a shop explained and they credit my account there and then.

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Genie customer service is the worst in the world, if yuo want the free texts (as i do) then you just have to put up with it and move to another network and pay for you texts. Put lets be honest it would cost you a fortune.

I HATE GENIE WITH A PASSION I USUALLY RESERVE FOR VILLA FANS!!

Gary

6. shell141088

shell141088

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too had this same problem but i managed to solve this quite easy. all you have to do is make sure that you remember the date that you top up and ensure that you top up on this date every month, this way you will receive your free messages on the same date every month. Hope that this sorts your problem out..