Genie 5.1 with Pio VSX-2014i-S + laminate floor too bright?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Neil Fellows, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am considering which speakers and amp to purchase, and I have decided on the new Pioneer VSX-2014i-S, and the Mordaunt-Short Genie’s. However, the room is very minimaly furnished with laminate floors, hardly any soft furnishings, and blinds instead of curtains. It’s only 3.5m by 3m. Do you think this set-up is going to sound way too bright? I am open to a change of kit, but would prefer to keep to the Pio amp. And suggestions would be a great help.

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    You are gonna want a warmer amp in my opinion mate. Something like the Marantz SR7400 or maybe even a Denon 2805.

Problem with the Marantz is that it is going to be replaced early in the new yr with the SR7500, and it's bigger brother will also turn up, the SR8500 they 'could' be the perfect solution if they live up to their potential.

3. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks, Kazman. My only reason for wanting the Pio is that It can daisy chain the infa-red signal with the 868 player and Pio screen, so the whole lot can be hiden away in a sideboard and activated by just the screen. I know it sounds a stupid reason for picking an amp, but having a tidy system means a lot to me.

Hopefully i'll track down a demo of the Denon / Marantz / Pio together, but I see where you are coming from.