• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Genesis Live Box set

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Not cheap.
No SACDs.
Most are only remastered CDs, not even 5.1.
A cheeky space left for Live Over Europe, meaning more expense if you haven't already got it.
Scant video material.

Anyone who buys this must need their bumps feeling.

So I bought this on the day it came out. :)

And Seconds Out in DTS Audio 5.1, alone, makes it a totally essential purchase.

Gobsmacking. :thumbsup:

KoThreads

Damn this was the one i was waiting for and you say it has no SACD versions which was my main reason for upgrading what i already have. That'll make it a probable no-no for me if it is expensive.

Oh dear just read the reviews on Amazon. Seeing as i already have all the originals on vinyl and cd and the Archive sets i don't think i'll be forking out £80 for this.

Last edited:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Damn this was the one i was waiting for and you say it has no SACD versions which was my main reason for upgrading what i already have. That'll make it a probable no-no for me if it is expensive

Agreed, £80 with no high res formats included (the previous boxsets contained both hybrid SACD and DVD-A) seems just madness to me.

KoThreads

Yes but i'm not questioning the musical content one bit just no hi-res compared to my other sets. I know the formats are allmost dead but would it have hurt to have had one or the other. I would then have bought it.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom