1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

genesis foxtrot remastered anyone got this cd.

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by mick23, May 20, 2004.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all my vinle vertion of foxtrot now 30 years old has seen better days,so was thinking of getting remastered vertion on cd, has anyone got this and how sound quality compares with origional suspect cd may sound way too harsh on cd and have not yet been able to find replacement vinle vertion.

thank you

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I have a lovely vinyl copy :thumbsup: no, I dont want to sell it :smashin: You must be able to get a decent copy, theres 4 on ebay, one is supposed to be sealed (except the picture shows it open :confused: ).

Mick, I had the same thoughts about a couple of my albums, but a new tt set up made them sound like new :thumbsup:

3. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks karcus outof interest whatt tt are you using ,mine is very modest but i think the combo of dyns and the 3802 makes most of my music more like the bee gees thank you

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Old model Roksan Xexes (with a level arm board), Origin live encounter arm and Ortofon Jubilee cart, through a Naim NAC72 with custom power supply and a couple of Naim 135 monoblocks. Neat Ultimatum 7s arriving soon, but at present Im using Critiques.

Everything is s/hand except the cart that I bought at around 30% of the retail price through a German dealer who sells on Ebay.

The sound of my old beat up vinyl has brought tears of joy to my eyes :smashin: I really thought some of these albums were beyond redemption. Swapped a Hawkwind album for Yes - Close to the edge, that had been played on an old Dansette, then abused on my Boots audio record player, then a Garrad DD75 turntable with an ultra heavy S style arm etc etc. It was just about consigned to the dustbin and I have purchased the recently remastered version on CD, which still didnt live up to my rose tinted vinyl memories. Then when I put it on the new tt.........ahhhhh bliss