Generating a complete list of frequency details for channels on a Humax FoxsatHDR

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by infoman, Dec 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. infoman

infoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there

Is there a way to generate a text file that would contain a complete list of all the frequency details for all channels on a Humax FoxsatHDR? I have a receiver connected to a motorised dish.

I would find it useful to have all the channel frequency details to hand when working out which frequencies I need to add for the different satellites, since not all frequencies are setup.

Thanks to Partridge on here I was recently able to generate a list of channels but this didn't include the frequency details. It may be that generating such a list is a future enhancement to the work people are currently doing.

Thanks for your help

2. Partridge

Partridge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Hi, yes, this is possible but I'm not aware that anyone has written a parser yet to spit this out into a text file.

Both the channel data and transponder data are in the flashblock mtd6.

The channel data starts at offset 0x40000, and this data has been the focus of the channels parser now in the web-interface, since needed for the epg functionality etc.

The frequency data is in the block of transponder data starting at offset 0xA0000, and in each struct of 32 bytes the frequency is at offset 0x0A followed by symbol rate, and later comes Polarisation and FEC etc.

If you'd like to have a go at a parser I'm happy to PM you the detailed data structs as understood so far...........however in terms of next developments by adrianf36 (who write the channels parser) the top priority at the start of the year is going to be getting the channel editor implemented in the web-interface, to enable unhiding of channels, switching of non-freesat channels into freesat mode etc.

Happy New Year!

3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,108
  4. infoman

infoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for your replies. Whilst I understand some programme languages, it's more in the realms of SQL and PL/SQL, so I doubt I'd understand enough to be able to parse the channel data. It's not something I've ever done before. Of course if you think otherwise then please send me the details.