General Workouts

About to hit the gym again... Elbow tendonitis is still kicking my arse. Tried some dumbbells at home yesterday and it quickly let me know that it hasn't healed. Let's see how I get on.....

About to hit the gym again... Elbow tendonitis is still kicking my arse. Tried some dumbbells at home yesterday and it quickly let me know that it hasn't healed. Let's see how I get on.....

I have that too! Bloody painful isn't it?

I was warming up doing 15kg and stressing 20kg, but then I got this upper forearm pain and have had it for months. I'm generally ok until I start to curl or lift.

I can work through it, but not sure that is a good plan. And obviously still hurts like hell.

I'd love to find a solution that doesn't involve giving up.

I have that too! Bloody painful isn't it?

I was warming up doing 15kg and stressing 20kg, but then I got this upper forearm pain and have had it for months. I'm generally ok until I start to curl or lift.

I can work through it, but not sure that is a good plan. And obviously still hurts like hell.

I'd love to find a solution that doesn't involve giving up.

have you tried the voodoo floss band?

Well I moved onto 3 mins of skipping then I got onto the adjustable cable machines thingy and hit triceps, triceps, triceps, oblique twists, high to low cable cross overs (drop sets), low to high cable crossovers (dropsets) and lots of bicep curls with a medium difficulty weight. Strangely, my left arm (normally weaker) is now my stronger arm!

Did a 5k run 5 this morning. Got my firearms fitness test Thursday, so don't want to ache

What level is the bleep test for that?

To be honest, I struggle with the bleep test. I'm fit and capable enough but it isn't a type of training I do often. That said, about 10 years ago I did the rapid entry course and when I did the bleep test for that I was doing it with two guys who were taking it for the triggers and do I finished mine and kept on doing it with them and managed it so I know my body can do it...... Or could do it....

I've done the bleep test once - but not sure it's the full one as we ran for around 9 minutes? - we also had one at the kettlebell class on monday but I didn't want to risk my calf (as I'm going away tonight) but it didn;t look too hard - again, it was only around 8-9 minutes...

So today's effort... Although amazingly arms are still grumbling from Mondays effort!
Screenshot_20161014-115549.png

Kind of raced through it. Although I believe my core is pretty good. Those damn leg raises are a killer! Bit of a Judas for me....

Grabbed a 3 mins break after this then did skipping for 9mins (roughly) in 2 minute jumping, 46s rest. Grabbed another 3 mins rest then went off to play with a 20kg sandbag.
5 Sandbag clean lifts (bring it to the front squat position then down to the ground. Touch but not test and back up. )
Walk it in the top of the light position about 8m away and repeat for 5 sets.
Then without resting or putting it down do the same again but doing overhead press with it then move onto the same again but hug it for squats.
I was intending to see how many rounds I could do of that, but by then it turned out that 1 was the answer to that question! Key thing being from the start of the first lift to the end of the last squat, you don't let go out test the bag.
@reiteration i think you would enjoy that Sandbag set....

I've done the bleep test once - but not sure it's the full one as we ran for around 9 minutes? - we also had one at the kettlebell class on monday but I didn't want to risk my calf (as I'm going away tonight) but it didn;t look too hard - again, it was only around 8-9 minutes...
It's the turn, you gotta watch the turn....[emoji23]

I do circuit cardio classes with an excellent instructor. I don't do any more than I used to, but do them properly. There is a world of difference between doing something and using good technique. Like keeping your elbows close to your torso when doing press ups. Easy when your elbows flare out.

I do planks with one leg and one arm raised :D

yep, I do pressups at arm out 45% tops... activates your chest more when out slightly... 90% and it works / damages your shoulders... :)

Screenshot_20161018-185059.png

Went for coffee with a friend this morning and kinda accidentally are half my bodyweight in breads and pastries......
So did this in the gym then some deltoids action..
Got a pair of 5kg dumbbells, got into press-up position holding onto them then raise the right hand out in front, then up to the side then a tricep kickback then a rear back fly then down. Repeat to 5 then switch to the other side. 45s rest and repeat x 3.

3 x 2mins on the punch bag.
Then 3 x 10 TRX horizontal pullups with hands pronated.

Good fun workout.

Screenshot_20161019-113035.png

After yesterday's quad killer with walking lunges and wall sits, today's workout was a killer!
Nearly couldn't finish all the burpees and my quads and CNS are fried.
After that I spent some time stretching out then I did a little mini workout of squats, abs and pressups on the vibrating power plate. This was Doris's idea...
Then for a finisher I went onto the cable machine to do flys and back.
7kg on each side
20 in middle position
20 in low to high position
20 in high to low
10 reverse cable flies to his the back and rear debts etc

For 3 rounds done as fast and hard as possible.

The jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms, because I'm worth it... [emoji23]

You're putting the work in there Shodan! Might it not be better to alternate days on and off though?

It probably would mate, but with working shifts and a 3 hour a day commute, I can only gain on a day off or in the morning before I start a late turn....
On the one hand consistency with regular training times is a problem for me, but on the other hand, my body never know what's going to hit it and when it's going to hit it![emoji16]

Haven't been to the gym in about 2 weeks, I've concentrated on my running, doing around 8k 3 or 4 times a week to build up my cardio.
Was going today, but just don't feel like it (crap weather syndrome)

Screenshot_20161101-185631.png

This was a quad killer! By round 3 I was barely able to stand up straight and only completed it by sheer force of will alone.
And today.... I'm in pieces! Nearly missed my stop in the train because I couldn't get out of the seat and to the doors quick enough. And stairs... Oh my Lord, every step felt like my thighs were being whipped by bamboo canes... It's now about 30 hours since training and it stings!

Hells bells, my legs are killing me today! Can barely walk! But it's not the pain of injury though...

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom