General Workouts

yeah, I suppose I have a routine, and currently I like running on a friday - means I can push myself and have a decent drink afterwards haha...

but there is a new running club of a wednesday that's just started... but it's at a total beginners level just now where they run for 3 minutes, then walk for 3 minutes and repeat that 5 times... but they are hoping to do 5km... and it only seems to be women so I guess there'll be a lot of talking haha..!

You should go to the back of the group and grunt like a beast. They'll run 5k to get away from you and you'll run 5k chasing them...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

yeah, turn up in tracksuit etc - then strip off to reveal a mankini... :D

Good lord man, what the hell is wrong with you!

That is not appropriate running attire...

Last edited:
Kids gone back to school today (on a Friday? Wtf? Sorely that could've been a teacher's training day???[emoji6]) So Mrs shodan and I got in the gym before work.

Now unfortunately a few days ago I strained my right elbow somehow and I'm now suffering from a little tendonitis in the elbow, which is a bit of a sickener for me!

Anyway, conscious not to load it up, I cracked on with it. Doris wanted to do biceps and chest. I tried bicep curls with only 6kg but it wasn't working for me so I substituted with some front delts work.
Overall, not too hard or challenging but a good workout work me substituting weight for strong muscle contraction and working on the mind muscle connection.

FitNotes Workout - Friday 2nd September 2016

** Battleropes drummer's **
- 00:30

** Battle Ropes flappers**

** Battle Ropes Slam **

** Flat Barbell Bench Press **
- 20.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 20.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 20.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 20.0 kgs x 10 reps

** Incline Barbell Bench Press **
- 20.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 20.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 20.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 20.0 kgs x 10 reps

** Decline Barbell Bench Press **
- 20.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 20.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 20.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 20.0 kgs x 10 reps

** High To Low Cable Crossover ** (superset 1)
- 11.35 kgs x 10 reps
- 11.35 kgs x 10 reps
- 11.35 kgs x 10 reps

** Dumbbell Concentration Curl ** (left arm only - superset 1)
- 6.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 6.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 6.0 kgs x 10 reps

** Low To High Cable Crossover **
- 8.75 kgs x 10 reps
- 8.75 kgs x 10 reps
- 8.75 kgs x 10 reps

** Front Fixed Bar Cable Raise ** (Front Deltoid Superset)
- 6.25 kgs x 10 reps
- 6.25 kgs x 10 reps
- 6.25 kgs x 10 reps

** Single Arm Cable Front Raise ** (Front Deltoid Superset)
- 6.25 kgs x 10 reps
- 6.25 kgs x 10 reps
- 6.25 kgs x 10 reps

** Seated Pec Dec **
- 50.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 50.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 50.0 kgs x 10 reps

After the above session myself and Mrs shodan grabbed a coffee at the gym before she started work. After the coffee i had a bit more time before I had to go to work so I went back in for some bodyweight cardio...

Warm up followed by:-
20 jumping jacks
20 press-up
20 squats
20 leg raises

60s rest

20 jumping jacks
10 press-up
10 squats
10 leg raises

60s rest

20 jumping jacks
20 press-up
20 squats
20 leg raises

60s rest

20 jumping jacks
10 press-up
10 squats
10 leg raises

Took about 13 minutes in total and I was borked!

I was then completely shattered and exhausted for the rest of the day and I'm up this morning work and still knackered! Think today and Sunday will be rest days then I'll be able to train again Monday....

Great gym session today!
Still being troubled by the elbow bicep tendonitis and the sprained knee but at this stage they are more just grumbling at me. Although I wouldn't dream of doing bicep curls at the mo..

So, got on the Boditrax to check my stats. Last measured on the 26th august.

I decided a couple of weeks ago that I wanted to go for fat loss. I seemed to have plateaued at 20% bf. So I've tightened up on the nutrition, or rather cut out some of the crap I've still been eating.
So since the 26th over lost 1kg of fat which has bought my bf down to 18.9%
I've also lost 0.8 of a kg of muscle but I'm not overly bothered by that, happy just to get rid of some fat!
Total body weight is down a kilo and a half to 76kg.
Very happy to get some positive confirmation of my work.

So, onto today's workout..
After the Boditrax I was buzzing so went a bit nuts.. Did some stretching then went on the Synergy 360 Anna went across the offset monkey bars, tested at the other end then managed halfway back by jumping two handed from bar to bar. Don't know why, but that have new since sort of child-like glee! Lol!
Then I thought I'd try some compounds to test the dodgy joints and because I've not done weights for over a month.

Flat bench 10x 30kg, 10 x 60kg
5x5 squat 35kg, knee held up perfectly
5x5 flat bench 60kg
5x5 bent over rows 55kg

Has a rest then for a while then got back in..
Woodway running for about 10mins
Skipping for 5 mins
Then my cardio circuit...
50 x jumping jacks
10 push ups
20 mountain climbers
30s wall sit
10 plank up downs
Pause for 60s

Repeat for 4 circuits - took 15 minutes.

And wiped out!

Last edited:
I've been a very silly boy.. I've completely fudgeed myself right up. Muscles and CNS are fried. An hour later and I still can't stop sweating....
Did farrrrr too much...

I'll try to post it all up later..

Hip abducter
10 x 30, 40, 50
10 x 70, 65, 60 down to 5kg

Db butterflies 10kg with centre press
Flat x 12
Slight incline x 12
Increase incline x 12, 12
Full upright x 12

Synergy 360 HIIT - 14 STATIONS, 40 seconds each - 10 minutes

Exhausted, neauseas
BREAK FOR APPLE AND RICE CAKES..
REST...

Runtastic results HIIT

Then 3 round of this...
Screenshot_20160907-141022.png

I finished around 1.50pm and still don't feel right..
Quads are killing me, think the hip abductor finished off the glutes so the quads were working overtime..

Can't wait till I can to bed tonight....

Get two days off it now... The mind wants to do more, but the body ain't willing!

great stuff - tho, I've adblock enabled and can't see what your attached image says... :)

It says that my mind is not connected to the reality of my body.... Tried to pm it to you but can't send attachments on pm...

Last edited:
Oh man alive, I am wrecked! Don't mind the total body aching and weariness, but my glutes.... Yes, my bum cheeks hurt! But I'm telling people I've hurt my lower back...[emoji23]

Kept waking up during the night, every time I tried to roll over, I couldn't even go on my sides! At 4 am I was laying in bed trying to stretch my glutes...

Did 5 rounds of this yesterday, then different sets of different Ab exercises to finish.
51b52f38ed9bad1973f25257af305e58.jpg

Then went to a party in the evening where I had 3 beers and some buffet. I'd been looking forward to that for my cheat for the week, although it's been a tough couple of very clean weeks.

Then I got nominated to take part in a press up challenge... It's just the sort of thing I normally refuse as I'm too miserable. Gave in to peer pressure (due to being cheered on by some a couple of birds) and found my opponent a lad 24 years younger than me at 15 years old. Big lad though, very athletic.

Anyway, destroyed him! Got to 32 and he was on about 25 and I sensed he was flagging, on the ropes, so I dug deep, switched to one handed and said "come on son, keep up" and thankfully after the first one handed press up he swore and gave in and stood up!

And I stood up to a tumultuous applause![emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

But I'm not competitive..

Good that you've put pictures there..that saved me some time googling :rotfl: (which I've to do on most things posted here). But if it's me with insitu 24/7 PT and free membership to david lloyds gym, I would be doing something completely different :D

Oh don't worry about that, I also spend a lot of time in the spa and the bar....[emoji16]

Missed my chance to get the third workout in. Got the second one in this morning, rested for 20 mins then went to do the third but the app wouldn't let me. Seems like that boat has sailed...
So instead I did 4 mins of rope jumping / skipping then went on to barbell complexes.
Due to the elbow tendonitis I've not touched a barbell for weeks... Held up OK but I was knackered before I started so it was a good finisher.
The photo was the HIIT
Screenshot_20160914-174335.png

The complexes was 40kg and once you start, your don't let go of the bar let it rest until you are done...
5 reps of:
Deadlifts into
Bent over rows into
Front squats into
Overhead press into
Back squats

Bar down and 120s rest and repeat 3 rounds.

Getting hacked off now. I seem to get to a level and then injure myself and it's always near the same point with the weight.
The other day, squatting 65kg and I hurt my stomach, felt like my hernia was going to explode, so I stopped and moved on to a different exercise. Was planning on the gym tomorrow, before nights and today, getting in the car to go to work, ping! My lower right back goes and now I'm in pain, which will probably mean no gym for a few days.

It really is starting to become annoying. I'm 39 and pretty fit, but have always had back problems and regular visits to the physio and chiropractor.
I'm by no means a wreck, but carrying all this shit on me at work, probably doesn't help
End of rant

I feel your pain brother. Left knee and right elbow are still playing up.

Well I woke up this morning and decided, sod my back and went for a 5k run. Then went to the gym and cracked on with my 5x5 routine and I didn't feel too bad.
My back aches sat in the car at work right now though

Good skills mate! Bet your pleased you went!

Yes! Managed to get back in the gym after 2 weeks off. Only put on 2.8lbs of pure fast in that two weeks.....

On a plus, Fitness Buddy is a fantastic and complete all for tracking workouts and giving programme etc and is only 10p in the android play store today...

So this was todays effort. As usual, once I started, didn't want to stop and wanted to do everything...

First time in the gym in two weeks due to work and the niggling left knee and right elbow bicep tendonitis..

Started out with my usual gentle stretching then 3 x 6 pull ups assisted with a band (before the elbow injury I could do that without the band but I wanted to take it a little easier on it).
Then I went for bent over rows at 50kg for 60seconds. Turned out that was far too heavy to do for that period of time and I had to rest a couple of times although I didn't put the bar down when I did rest.

3 x 2mins skipping with 45s rest in-between each round

After that I did my bodyweight circuit of :
15 pressups
15 squats
10 plank up-downs
Rest 60s
Repeat for total of 4 rounds

I then had about a 5 minute rest before I decided just to try a couple of little finishers with weights..
Incline bench press at 40kg 10x3 - concentrated on the form and bringing the elbows in on the push instead of just thinking about pushing the bar up.

Then I went to chest press resistance machine and... And this is the killer and you should all try this technique although the weight will obviously vary for the individual, 20kg for me today, choose the hand position that will enable you to bring the elbows as close together as you can and really concentrate on contracting the chest muscles on the way out AND ON THE WAY BACK but don't go to full extension on either end of the move and keep the bar moving the whole time, albeit slowly, about 2-3 seconds out and the same back. Continuous movement for the 60s, squeezing your chest hard the whole time and trying your hardest to not let the arm and shoulder muscles do the pushing for you.

I can do this machine at 80 or 90 kg for sets but doing it this way worked my chest SO much harder and took a lot of the triceps and deltoids out of the equation too.

Worked out that over the last 3 days due to work I reckon I've been sitting down at a desk or in the car for about 38 hours! I really needed todays workouts and stretches!

Forgot to add Wednesdays effort in. I was a bit shorter on time (rather I managed my time so I had with a friend before then coffee with another after) so this was perfect. Although the walking lunges put me in an absolute world of hurt!
20+ years of martial arts has never made my quads hurt as much as they did, I was walking like a new born baby dear....

Screenshot_20160930-193738.png

4 rounds of this and I was in pieces!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom