General Use Projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by atothej, Sep 10, 2007.

1. atothej

atothej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Hi folks - I've been asked by my boss to get a projector - it will be for general use really - mainly powepoint presentations. It will need to by quite potable, because we need to take it to variousd places. The main thing that she wants is something that you can just stick a cd or memory stick into and it'll play directly - but also to be able to hook up to a laptop.....

Unfortunately, I am totally clueless when it comes to projectors, and studying these threads has confused me even more!

Can anyone give some suggestions for a reasonable one - we don't want to spend a bomb on a top of the line model, as we will only be using it a little, but we also don't want to fall into my usual moneypinching habit and enfding up buying cheap, and paying twice!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - Andy

2. dalar

dalar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Hey!

Im selling my projector - its an all rounder so if your interested let me know and I will show you some pics.

The model is: Optoma DX605R - it comes with its own small BAG and strap

It has VGA inputs, you can easily connect your laptop to it ... it won't have a memory card reader .... I dont think Ive seen any PJ with that.

Quick summary:

Inputs:

VGA - for laptop/pc display
    VGA #2 - SCART ADAPTER - allows you to connect SCART sources to the PJ
    COMPOSITE - Connect to a DVD player or VCR
    S-VIDEO - Same as composite but better quality.

Its not been used much, lamp hours at the moment are at 100hrs.

I willing to negotiate a good price so let me know if your interested! :)

3. wywywywy

wywywywy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Most (all?) Sony projectors have a Memory Stick slot, and can display a slideshow directly from the Memory Stick without a PC. You use the projector's remote to control the slideshow.

4. NWhiteley

NWhiteley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98

Im pretty sure that the OP wasnt posting a wanted add, but was looking for advice on which PJ best suited his needs. Trying to sell him a PJ that does not meet those needs, ie. no card slot, wont look very good to a new member.
    If you are selling YOUR PJ, you need to place a advert in the appropiate forum, not in here.

To the OP, i would suggest visiting the web sites of the varius forum advertisers, such as Ivojo, CVS and Roy Jowetts (there maybe others), some of them even have sections devoted to those PJ's suitable for business use.

5. dalar

dalar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    YES i am aware of that .... and plan to put it in that forum with pics, anyway but I just wanted to mention it as I would be offering a decent projector that meets his needs for a very good price! ... and gave him a model number to as a 'advisible' projector!!