General upgrade advice required please

g4fne

Hi Folks

In January 2010 I upgraded to Sky HD. After 5 months use of this HD box, it has become very apparent that the hard drive capacity is not large enough for recording HD programming.

Sky's HD content is excellent, but my HD box does not compensate for the extra storage required & is leaving me woefully short on storage space. I have been with Sky since the analogue day & paying for the top package (£58.50 per month), but the box is greatly restricting the potential for my family & I to enjoy the service I‘m paying for.

I have emailed Sky suggesting the following options

Option 1 - Let me have the latest 1TB box at £149 (they want to charge me £249 !!)

Option 2 - Replace my current box with the latter (500gb) standard Sky HD Box at no extra cost to me. At least this would offer an increase on my current capacity.

Its been 4 days since i emailed them, but no reply. I've tried phoning but i'm getting nowhere, just being pushed between customer service & sales. Do Sky respond to email sent via their website ??

Assuming i get nowhere with Sky themselves, can anyone make a suggestion as to what would next best step would be as need to get something sorted

I can either

a) - Stump up £249 for Sky's 1TB Box (not really any option to be fair, when some fellow subscribers are paying £149) ... Capacity aside, is tghis box that much better ??

b) - Replace the current hard drive myself (no real clue how to do that at the moment, though realise there are tutorials), but concerned on reliability

c) - Send my box off to have hard drive changed "professionally"

d) - Buy a box off eBay that has already had hard drive upgrade for around £150

By upgrading my box or buying an upgraded box, what would i be losing against Sky's own 1TB box ??

Any advice would be appreciated

Last edited:

logiciel

Hi.
It should be an easy one - keep getting at Sky until they sell you the £149 1tB receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom