1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Question about Volume

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Happytab, May 3, 2005.

1. Happytab

Happytab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    When I watch a movie (or TV for that matter) I always have an issue between the difference in the volume of the audio and the volume of the other sound. My question is, are films made like this. When I go to the cinema I have not noticed a problem with vocals but then the other sound is much higher than I have it at home. I guess what I am asking is - As I have to have the volume at a reasonable level (so not to annoy neighbours and wake up the children) is that why the vocals seem a little quiet ?

What a load of waffle :boring:

Anyway - I wonder if increasing the volume of my centre speaker would work ?

Any opinions ?

Thanks

2. Happytab

Happytab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Somebody answer me - I know where you all live you know :eek:

3. tim1964

tim1964
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have anything in the audio set-up that relates to adjusting the "Dynamic" range? On my Daewoo it has a setting that can be adjusted up or down to level out the differences in the loud and quiet parts (explosions, talking etc). I had to reduce the dynamic range as I also found the loud too loud with normal speech levels.