General question about tab-tension screen

marcos1975

General question about tab-tensioned screen
do all tab-tensioned screen in general will have some kind of wave/ripple to some degree (even though they are advertised as 100%flat) or i'm i just being unlucky?? this is my second tab-tensioned screen bought from two different quality manufacturer brands, and both of them have some kind of wave/ripple to them to some degree...got to admit it though , in normal use while watching a movie etc. the picture seems perfectly smooth and i can't see it even if i look for it.

Attachments

• 1s.jpg
    1s.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 2s.jpg
    2s.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 47

silverback1

Hi Marcos
That looks like a lot of ripples, I take it you have tried adjusting the screen tension but had no success.
Maybe room temperature, seems pretty bad to me.

Upvote 0

marcos1975

Hi Marcos
That looks like a lot of ripples, I take it you have tried adjusting the screen tension but had no success.
Maybe room temperature, seems pretty bad to me.
yes correct -i tried adjusting the screen tension but that unfortunately didn't help , the room temp. here is pretty stable and falls within the normal range for a regular living room

Upvote 0

silverback1

yes correct -i tried adjusting the screen tension but that unfortunately didn't help , the room temp. here is pretty stable and falls within the normal range for a regular living room
I have heard of people using hair dryers on screens to help with ripples but have never tried this myself, hopefully someone on the forum will be able to help, can I ask which makes you have tried as you mentioned this was your second screen, did you return the first one as faulty?

Upvote 0

marcos1975

I have heard of people using hair dryers on screens to help with ripples but have never tried this myself, hopefully someone on the forum will be able to help, can I ask which makes you have tried as you mentioned this was your second screen, did you return the first one as faulty?
the first one i bought a few years back was an elite tab-tension screen, can't honestly remember the exact model name, i have asked to exchange that one as being faulty and got a second one(same model) but it was the same it also got some ripple. the one i have now is from lissau california model , also had it exchange but got the same problem, which why i was wondering if tab-tensioned screen in general will still have some ripple to some degree, and not 100% flat as they advertised.

Upvote 0

dave77

I have the same issue with my elite tab tensioned, I get ripples towards the bottom corners, like it needs to be weighted down to stretch it. I use a UST projector so it's noticeable when watching movies. I'm thinking of trying something like this

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom