Question General question about new PC build?

Ljonzeey

Novice Member
Reaction score
My specs:
Cpu- Ryzen 2200g
Motherboard- Asus prime a320mk
Ram- Corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 2666mhz (CMK8GX4M2A2666C16)
Gpu- Sapphire rx580 nitro+
Psu- corsair vs650w

I can change my ram from 2666mhz to 2933mhz with everything else left to default and the xmp profile one, but I dont see any differnce in this, will I i have a improvement in changing my ram speeds?

My specs:
Cpu- Ryzen 2200g
Motherboard- Asus prime a320mk
Ram- Corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 2666mhz (CMK8GX4M2A2666C16)
Gpu- Sapphire rx580 nitro+
Psu- corsair vs650w

I can change my ram from 2666mhz to 2933mhz with everything else left to default and the xmp profile one, but I dont see any differnce in this, will I i have a improvement in changing my ram speeds?

Not that you will notice, no.

It's impossible to say for certain without knowing what you're using the computer for. A lot of applications aren't limited by memory bandwidth though, so increasing it won't make any difference.

More memory bandwidth came held with smoothness (99th percentile frame rates) in some games and situations.

In real world minimum 16GB and 3200mhz is the sweet spot between cost and performance.

You will see an improvement in FPS as you increase RAM clock-speed, but it will be marginal (like 2-5 FPS at most). Once you go over 3000Mhz you get into rapidly diminishing returns.

It's a very expensive way to marginally improve performance, unless you can get hold of the RAM for cheap somehow (used for example).

RAM quantity is hands down more important than RAM clock speed. If you don't already have 16Gb of RAM then I would upgrade to that... and the cheapest way to do that would almost certainly be to buy another set of identical chips to what you currently have (i.e. 2 x 4Gb or 1 x 8Gb 2666Mhz, same brand/make/model).

Personally unless you can get hold of the RAM for free or very cheap I wouldn't bother to upgrade it just for higher clock speeds. If you have 8Gb or RAM I would definitely upgrade to 16Gb.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom