General Lease/PCP/PCH Deals Thread

Have you got a link please? Can't see it on their site
I don't have a link. It was posted somewhere else so I shared it in here. You best bet would be to give them a call.

I just looked for it on their site but I can't find the offer. Maybe it is the 300 and not the facelift 310?

This is the cheapest 1+23 DSG estate I could find but it has 8k miles.

Volkswagen Golf Estate

Last edited:
The only thing the Golf deal doesn't mention is metallic paint, which is free on the Leon, so probably an extra 20-30 a month for that, I'll try ringing them on Monday to see what's what, and I'll try and compare the standard specs to see if I'm missing or gaining anything.
Or don't bother with metallic. Think it was £19 a month when I got mine. The standard stereo is awful, think if I went golf R again I would upgrade that.

Or don't bother with metallic. Think it was £19 a month when I got mine. The standard stereo is awful, think if I went golf R again I would upgrade that.
Is white not the only no cost option though? Wouldn't have a white car I'm afraid, really like it in blue.

I think the 310 has an upgraded infotainment system too but don't quote me on that...

Just spoken to them and they've emailed me the offers, the 1+23 is now reduced to £259.99+VAT, decisions, decisions!

I contacted 21st Century Motors about the Octavia VRS 245 deals but it's ended, bummed out that I didn't pull the trigger sooner.

I contacted 21st Century Motors about the Octavia VRS 245 deals but it's ended, bummed out that I didn't pull the trigger sooner.
I was looking at the 245, but most of the lease companies said that Skoda weren't making any more a couple of weeks ago, so all of the deals were going to be ending unfortunately.

I was looking at the 245, but most of the lease companies said that Skoda weren't making any more a couple of weeks ago, so all of the deals were going to be ending unfortunately.

I guess I'm back to my first choice of an Audi S3 Sportsback, but the extra £50 a month saving would have been nice

I guess I'm back to my first choice of an Audi S3 Sportsback, but the extra £50 a month saving would have been nice
Treat yourself, lol, that's the way I'm looking at it, I could easily get away with a 1 litre hatch, but a 300bhp fire breathing estate sounds so much better! [emoji12]

Treat yourself, lol, that's the way I'm looking at it, I could easily get away with a 1 litre hatch, but a 300bhp fire breathing estate sounds so much better! [emoji12]

I'm much the same as my commute to work is 4 miles so don't need a rocket plus I've got my motorbike for when I feel the need to have a blast, my only concern will be the insurance as I've just had a bump in my A6 Avant that cost an eye watering £8700 to repair.....£1800 for a single headlight. Even though mines is protected no claims it'll be going up in April but the A6 lease expires then so it'll be going back then

Had an email back with a quote on the Golf R, £345 a month if I order it in Lapiz Blue plus a £180 admin fee, whereas the Leon ST Cupra is £330 a month all in with free metallic paint and no admin fee, very tempted just to sit and wait for the Leon TBH, unless someone can tell me the Golf is worth the extra £500 or so over the term?

Had an email back with a quote on the Golf R, £345 a month if I order it in Lapiz Blue plus a £180 admin fee, whereas the Leon ST Cupra is £330 a month all in with free metallic paint and no admin fee, very tempted just to sit and wait for the Leon TBH, unless someone can tell me the Golf is worth the extra £500 or so over the term?
Having just recently bought a new(ish) car, I was looking at the Leon FR and the Golf GTI (Mk7). For me personally, the Golf is a much much nicer place to be. The cabin is leagues ahead of the Leon. I bought the GTI.

Can someone here check my logic and maths please. I've just been to VW to get a PCP quote on a Golf R, and its coming in at over £7k more than a lease. Know I know Lease usually works out cheaper than PCP...but £7k?

PCP - 8k miles
£4,000 deposit
£423.36 per month = £20,312.28
Tax £170 x 3 = £420 (First year paid by dealer)
Total Cost = £24,741.28

The GMFV was £13,600ish, so call the potential equity £2,800 based on a 5 year old R they had at £17k.

Lease - 8k miles
£2,828.43 deposit
£314.27 x 47 = £14,770.69
Tax = £0 as included
Total Cost = £17,5999.12

That means that over the 4 years, a PCP would cost me £7,142.16 more than a lease. Take away the potential equity of £2,800 and a lease is still £4,342.16 cheaper over 4 years.

Is that right or have I missed something..

Can someone here check my logic and maths please. I've just been to VW to get a PCP quote on a Golf R, and its coming in at over £7k more than a lease. Know I know Lease usually works out cheaper than PCP...but £7k?

PCP - 8k miles
£4,000 deposit
£423.36 per month = £20,312.28
Tax £170 x 3 = £420 (First year paid by dealer)
Total Cost = £24,741.28

The GMFV was £13,600ish, so call the potential equity £2,800 based on a 5 year old R they had at £17k.

Lease - 8k miles
£2,828.43 deposit
£314.27 x 47 = £14,770.69
Tax = £0 as included
Total Cost = £17,5999.12

That means that over the 4 years, a PCP would cost me £7,142.16 more than a lease. Take away the potential equity of £2,800 and a lease is still £4,342.16 cheaper over 4 years.

Is that right or have I missed something..
Even cheaper lease over 2 years...

SmartSelectImage_2017-11-27-21-21-51.png

Car leasing Experts - Car Lease Special Offers

Or even cheaper here

SmartSelectImage_2017-11-27-21-26-32.png

Thats the estate :)

Those 4 years values are actually just a 2 year quote I had over 4 years for representative values so I can figure out which is better.

Just throwing the estate in there for example as you hadn't specifically mentioned hatch.

But yes, lease is cheaper than Pcp and no, you haven't missed anything :cool:

Just throwing the estate in there for example as you hadn't specifically mentioned hatch.

But yes, lease is cheaper than Pcp and no, you haven't missed anything :cool:

Ah OK, fair enough :) Yes, I nearly jumped on that R offer, but then saw it was an estate too :(

If thats the case, then i'm perplexed as to why anybody takes a PCP deal. That offer on the Lease GTD is a custom built factory order too...

I don't think VW are going to drop their price over £4k on PCP..

Last edited:
Thats the estate :)

Those 4 years values are actually just a 2 year quote I had over 4 years for representative values so I can figure out which is better.
Doubling for four years doesn't work like that though. You'll find PCH deals aren't linear, but two leases at two years each is probably more effective.

Ah OK, fair enough :) Yes, I nearly jumped on that R offer, but then saw it was a hatch too :(

If thats the case, then i'm perplexed as to why anybody takes a PCP deal. That offer on the Lease GTD is a custom built factory order too...

I don't think VW are going to drop their price over £4k on PCP..
That is why I keep saying to people that you have to do your sums each and everytime. There is no fixed answer as to which is cheaper...Sometimes it is cash, sometimes its CH or PCP or BCH...

Doubling for four years doesn't work like that though. You'll find PCH deals aren't linear, but two leases at two years each is probably more effective.

True, although I do have a quote for a 48mo lease on a Golf R, and it only comes in about £200 cheaper than my figures above

As per above. Generally considered a faux pas in the leasing world.
Of course. It's only representative, but even out of warranty you'd still have the same issue with PCP hence the direct comparison.

Even with a 2x2 lease, I'd still be better off by an extra £4k

Even with a 2x2 lease, I'd still be better off by an extra £4k

Correct. It's the fact that people are so keen on ownership that keeps PCP alive (and the vague promise of equity at the end...that rarely materialises).

Having just recently bought a new(ish) car, I was looking at the Leon FR and the Golf GTI (Mk7). For me personally, the Golf is a much much nicer place to be. The cabin is leagues ahead of the Leon. I bought the GTI.

I think I'm going to stick with the Leon, the facelift seems to get better reviews for its interior than the pre-facelift, although still not as good as the Golf 7.5, but the standard DCC on the Leon should be a godsend on the terrible roads around here, and there are quite a few Golf R's kicking about, but I haven't seen one Leon ST Cupra, although there's possibly a reason for that, lol! ;)

I think I'm going to stick with the Leon, the facelift seems to get better reviews for its interior than the pre-facelift, although still not as good as the Golf 7.5, but the standard DCC on the Leon should be a godsend on the terrible roads around here, and there are quite a few Golf R's kicking about, but I haven't seen one Leon ST Cupra, although there's possibly a reason for that, lol! ;)
Yeah always hard to know if you haven't seen them because they are rare or pants. :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom