General Help Needed!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by mark_a_thorpe, Jan 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. mark_a_thorpe

mark_a_thorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks, I hope you can help. I've just recieved delivery of my vistron (though branded waltham) 37" HD lcd today. The xbox 360 etc looks ace through it, but i cant get tv channels to tune to anything watchable. I dont have freeview due to where i am, but my other tvs can get a reasonable signal. I've tried 2 little crappy aerials, and mocked together a long campervan aerial so that i could get it to point out the "good" side of my flat, but it's the same anywhere. So i figure the TV itself just wont get a good signal through any menthod.

Any thoughts or ideas on this? Like i said, my other old tvs work fine...any help would be appreciated big time!

Cheers, Mark

2. dibdab

dibdab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Can you not get a proper outside aerial on the roof? as they will give you the best signal.

3. mark_a_thorpe

mark_a_thorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lol, funnily enough there is one, but its busted :( I'm a student in a flat, 3 floors up so cant do anthin about it). I just think its weird that the other tvs work and this one doesnt! Maybe whatever (heres my technical expertise) component pulls in the actual tv signal from the aerial isnt working...but who knows...