Votes: 9 3.0%
  • DUP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eh?

From the picture it appears to be taped to himself using duct tape. I have no actual idea where it was, because I wasn't there and no specific detail has been released. I just said that maybe he prepared it and left it outside somewhere, in case he was searched on the way in.
Eh?

So he left it outside. Went in. Sat through his powerpoints, went back outside, got his belt, taped it to him, went back in, wasn't searched, then kicked off inside.

How did he get back in wearing it or carrying it in?

Or are you saying people would only be searched once on entry?

How does that work? He could have been searched in the morning, gone out, bought a knife from Argos and then took that back in. What's the point of only searching once on entry?

One way or another it seems like this kicked off inside. If the knives were from the kitchen why wasn't someone concerned that in a room full of ex-cons with at least one done for murder could get access to a kitchen full of knives.

All it takes is one convict to get mad at another regardless of terrorists.
However, from the picture in the Mirror article at least, it looks like a pretty crude bag of items taped to himself so doesn't appear to have needed much preparation. Who's to know he didn't just take a plastic bag and fill it with items from the event to look like a bomb, then tape it to himself during the lunch break?
So I'm looking in your bag and I don't ask why you've got an old nokia, wiring, duct tape and plasticine in your bag?

Where exactly in a hall do you quickly get hold of all this? Hanging on the wall next to a narwhal tusk?

And we're back on Brexit.
Exactly. Aren't you normally trying to say whether something is off topic? This is the General Election 2019 thread. Not the stabby people in London thread.

Yes, do you?

Yes. do you understand this was a hung parliament and any legislation to change anything would have to have been cross party?
Do you understand we had a hung parliament and any legislation to change anything would have to have been cross party?

I ask these questions as you don't seem to understand the reality.
Nope, i have no loyalty to any party. I am against the present Labour government. That's it.
Agreed.

Do you also understand that when I woke up this morning I didn't particularly care who had done what in the past, what had happened, had happened, what I wanted to know was what was going to be done now.

Boris was throwing them back in prison it seems. Great, I'd rather they weren't out until someone had decided it was actually safe to release them.

I wanted to know if the opposition felt the same or whether he wanted them left out and wandering the streets.

I'm not wasting time with you on this, as it just turns into pages of posts back and forth - as we're already getting. Everyone can be spared from this.

It's clear from what you've said already that you're not understanding - or worse are unwilling to accept - what has happened in terms of the political aspect behind Khan being on the streets.

If you read that link I posted earlier it tells you what you need to know. Including how wrong Johnson and Patel were.

How can a conversation on this be had when those meant to lead it are too incompetent to understand the issue.

It's clear from what you've said already that you're not understanding - or worse are unwilling to accept - what has happened in terms of the political aspect behind Khan being on the streets.
Then if you think that, you are wrong.
If you read that link I posted earlier it tells you what you need to know. Including how wrong Johnson and Patel were.
I read it a few days ago when it was linked to on twitter. It's also been on a few other forums and Facebook.

Eh?

So he left it outside. Went in. Sat through his powerpoints, went back outside, got his belt, taped it to him, went back in, wasn't searched, then kicked off inside.

How did he get back in wearing it or carrying it in?

Or are you saying people would only be searched once on entry?

How does that work? He could have been searched in the morning, gone out, bought a knife from Argos and then took that back in. What's the point of only searching once on entry?

One way or another it seems like this kicked off inside. If the knives were from the kitchen why wasn't someone concerned that in a room full of ex-cons with at least one done for murder could get access to a kitchen full of knives.

All it takes is one convict to get mad at another regardless of terrorists.

So I'm looking in your bag and I don't ask why you've got an old nokia, wiring, duct tape and plasticine in your bag?

Where exactly in a hall do you quickly get hold of all this? Hanging on the wall next to a narwhal tusk?

Who knows. Maybe the doorman on the front (as mentioned by the Chairman of the hall), wasn’t doing searches, or was on his own, or chose not to etc etc. It’s all guess/assumption. The only facts released are that the guy had 3 knives and something taped to his chest. It’s pretty unlikely that he had that taped to his chest throughout the Powerpoints, so he got it from somewhere.

Who knows. Maybe the doorman on the front (as mentioned by the Chairman of the hall), wasn’t doing searches, or was on his own, or chose not to etc etc. It’s all guess/assumption.
I sort of think it's a decent question to ask about the security of an event in London populated by terrorists and murders that ends in a stabbing of multiple people, to ask what thought there had been to security.
The only facts released are that the guy had 3 knives and something taped to his chest. It’s pretty unlikely that he had that taped to his chest throughout the Powerpoints, so he got it from somewhere.
Yes I think we can all agree he got it from somewhere. Why it's unlikely he wouldn't have been wearing it all along I've no idea. It's winter, you could wear it under a coat.

What a great thread. When reading same, particularly a lot of posts from the last 24 hours it struck my how human nature (not saying there is any fault or criticism) dictates the way, on occasion, humans naturally behave.

currently I am so anti politicians however, it just dawned on me that, the human nature traits shown on here (listed below) must actually make it bloody hard for policitican to get anything done

passions,
determination,
combativeness,
frustrations,
perseverance,
single mindedness
need / desire to prove a point and for that point to be accept

regardless of political view I think I will have a bit more empathy when judging legislative matter

Oh ***. There was a report with recommendations. They didn’t follow up on it. How much clearer does it need to be? 😬

I would point out that 'they' refers to David Cameron and Teresa May who have both been replaced by Boris and Gove who did want the report recommendations enacted and have taken action to start that process.

So what exactly was the complaint again?

Boris's blunderous handling of the London Bridge killings and his amateurish jumping on the bandwagon regarding early releases from prison has caused me to change my mind...

I will not be voting Tory at the forthcoming GE.

I would point out that 'they' refers to David Cameron and Teresa May who have both been replaced by Boris and Gove who did want the report recommendations enacted and have taken action to start that process.

So what exactly was the complaint again?

I believe it was that the Conservative inaction over the last few years means that they are not somehow immune from criticism. And that if Boris is going to blame the previous Labour government, he should also take a look at the subsequent Conservative/Coalition governments too. But that's politically inconvenient. That's my take anyway.

Boris's blunderous handling of the London Bridge killings and his amateurish jumping on the bandwagon regarding early releases from prison has caused me to change my mind...

The Official Monster Raving Loony Party

We will Send Noel Edmonds to negotiate Brexit because he understands Deal or No Deal.
There will be no need for a backstop to the Brexit negotiations. We’ll have Alec Stewart as wicket-keeper.

:D

WOW, you had to wait for his reaction to all that to switch votes!
What were the things you liked about him then before this happening? Cause I've seen him as opportunist as ever

What is striking, every time this happens, there is faux outrage from the liberal lefty human rights do gooders.
Dare to do something quite lenient like strip them of their citizenship, and everyone is in uproar for abusing human rights etc. God forbid they would have to serve their whole sentence without parole :eek:

Puke inducing double standards.

Well done, it just goes to show that is not always what a party says it is going to do or anything to do with a party’s views but quite simply it can be a personal trait of one individual at a critical time

Applause

Couple of things.

1. According to Corbyn the London Bridge killing was down to Iraq. Something that was down to Labour and he was as much a part of as Boris was a member of the Conservatives.

But I guess that bringing Iraq up wasn't jumping on a bandwagon.

Just 48 hours after Usman Khan carried out his grisly, ISIS-inspired stabbing attack, Corbyn was linking it with the ‘war on terror’. In a speech yesterday he said the assault was wrong and wicked etc, etc, but it is also partly our fault, apparently. It happened because of our interventions overseas. By invading Iraq and Libya we helped to nurture a culture of bitterness and hatred that inflamed terrorism in the West, he said. This is excuse-making for Islamist terror, plain and simple.

Stop making excuses for Islamist terror

2. Haven't you already voted anyway?

1575307579399.png

Or is this a Labour "postal votes" thing and you get a few?

That's some serious whataboutery over to Labour.

And doesn't address anything Earthrod said.

I believe it was that the Conservative inaction over the last few years means that they are not somehow immune from criticism. And that if Boris is going to blame the previous Labour government, he should also take a look at the subsequent Conservative/Coalition governments too. But that's politically inconvenient. That's my take anyway.

But there wasnt inaction - the Tories scrapped Labours automatic parole and put the Parole Board back in the decision making process.

Should they have made that rule retrospective for all cases - by recent events most definitely, but to say they were doing nothing is simply rewriting history.

UK factories are laying off workers at fastest rate for seven years
Britain’s factories are laying off workers at the fastest rate in seven years as manufacturing remains in the doldrums amid political and economic turmoil.
The monthly UK manufacturing snapshot from IHS Markit/Cips shows the headline purchasing managers’ index (PMI) slipped to 48.9 in November from 49.6 in October. It has been stuck for seven months below the 50 mark that separates expansion from contraction.
Not good news, we need a resolution to Brexit one way or the other rapidly, we cannot afford yet another year of indecision and uncertainty.

link

Neither does klaxon's "contribution" :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom