• Greens

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • DUP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rich - I agree. However we should try and have a balanced debate. But I do not feel we are calling out BJ for the liar and manipulator he is. On the opposite, people laud him for his wittiness (he is clueless, really) and jokes (he is not funny, anyway, funny as much as a clown will ever be).

Don't get me wrong, I despise Corbyn even more, but I think we give that guy just too much attention sometimes.

The same way, I haven't seen libdem properly brought into the discussion for balance either. There is this automatic association by posters: once you say something negative about Corbyn, they immediatly make you a tory and vice-versa.

People who will vote tory (and according to some polls on here that's the majority, at least on this forum) should own the good and the bads and discuss them.

People who will vote tory (and according to some polls on here that's the majority, at least on this forum) should own the good and the bads and discuss them.
A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the accuracy of the user.

He's a village idiot and/or a calculated liar and he's not only going to be overseeing the end of Brexit (maybe), but then for 5 years he'll be overseeing everything else too.

Mini fudgeing Trump at the helm with a majority, no thanks. I just hope the country doesn't give him one.

Why do you think the rest of us might vote for what you call a village idiot and/or calculated liar?

I try and post for balance: there is a lot posted on how bad labour are, there are even whole dedicated threads for labour and corbyn. Don't feel like we post enough just how bad the tories are. And when I or other remainers post something, it tends to be ignored.
:laugh: :rotfl: :D

You post for balance? :rotfl:

I have posted many times that I'm likely to vote Lib Dem even though I'm a leaver. So I have no idea what your issue is.

Does this apply to people who vote Tory only or, to everyone who votes

according to some polls on here that's the majority, at least on this forum
Are there polls on other forums on here? :devil:

Does this apply to people who vote Tory only or, to everyone who votes
klaxhu is grasping at straws...

And when I or other remainers post something, it tends to be ignored.
Major remainers on here recently are rich, weavie, rasc, Liquid, chopples, Rusty and krish. (Apologies if I left anyone out) Their posts get answered.

Are you instead complaining that people are ignoring you? I did notice requests for you to put them on ignore after that rather odd boast you had put someone on ignore for a grammatical error. Perhaps they have you on ignore too?

I want to vote for a party that does not exist (I am not sure yet who comes closest) a party that:

Wants to increase the performance of all schools to equal or even better than that of this country’s elite private schools and not a party who is happy to leave things as they are or a party who want to abolish them

Wants to deliver on the brexit referendum and get us a deal. Not a party who has tried very hard to engineer no deal and not a party who wants to hold another referendum that at best will be the same result or a worst make it 1-1

Has an aspiration to bring everyone up to the same level as the privileged & not a party who want tax cuts which only really benefits those who are already high earners and not a party who want to spend energy in bringing down the privileged / preventing others from becoming privileged - I recall labour saying “if you are privileged we are coming after you” (OMG). Interestingly is an MP who earns 80K a year privileged (I think so but I guess they do not)

Those are the three key things for me.

My current view is that

if I vote labour then the public become much more state controlled and opportunities reduce

if I vote Tory whilst the public still have the potential to achieve privilege but it’s most unlike because the stacked will remain.

tories could drive through a no deal brexit, Labour could drive through a referendum that overturns the last one and makes the result 1-1 which gets us nowhere

It feels so difficult and on top of that you have the personalities of the two party leaders to weigh in with (the personalities are subjective so I’ll leave that one)

I would stress the above is only my view, I’m not saying it’s fact it’s just what I think / believe

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to vote for a party that does not exist (I am not sure yet who comes closest) a party that:

Wants to increase the performance of all schools to equal or even better than that of this country’s elite private schools and not a party who is happy to leave things as they are or a party who want to abolish them

Wants to deliver on the brexit referendum and get us a deal. Not a party who has tried very hard to engineer no deal and not a party who wants to hold another referendum that at best will be the same result or a worst make it 1-1

Has an aspiration to bring everyone up to the same level as the privileged & not a party who want tax cuts which only really benefits those who are already high earners and not a party who want to spend energy in bringing down the prillaged / preventing others from becoming privileged - I recall labour saying “if you are privileged we are coming after you” (OMG). Interestingly is an MP who earns 80K a year privileged (I think so but I guess they do not)

Those are the three key things for me.

My current view is that

if I vote labour then the public become much more state controlled and opportunities reduce

if I vote Tory whilst the public still have the potential to achieve privilege but it’s most unlike because the stacked will remain.

tories could drive through a no deal brexit, Labour could drive through a referendum that overturns the last one and makes the result 1-1 which gets us nowhere

It feels so difficult and on top of that you have the personalities of the two parties to weigh in with (the personalities are subjective so I’ll leave that one)

I would stress the above is only my view, I’m not saying it’s fact it’s just what I think / believe
I also want 3 hugs and a million $ once a week. But then, I am also realistic =)

I also want 3 hugs and a million $ once a week. But then, I am also realistic =)

don’t get your point,

are you saying I should only look at what I can vote for when making a decision?

or

that you are going to vote for the party that you think comes closest to what you want

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got no one to vote for to be honest.

I don't really support Brexit but I believe the 2016 vote should be honoured. That rules out Lib Dems.

I can't see see how anyone could vote for this Labour Party full stop. They're a car crash.

I've only ever voted Tory for the last 23 years.

I can't associate myself with the racist, far right minority drawn to parties like TBP/UKIP.

Rock and a hard place.

I've got no one to vote for to be honest.

I don't really support Brexit but I believe the 2016 vote should be honoured. That rules out Lib Dems.

I can't see see how anyone could vote for this Labour Party full stop. They're a car crash.

I've only ever voted Tory for the last 23 years.

I can't associate myself with the racist, far right minority drawn to parties like TBP/UKIP.

Rock and a hard place.

Hey that's my line for this election :D

I think the Lib Dems might do better if they campaigned on a 2nd referendum ticket. The idea of just revoking doesn't sit comfortably with me. I'm sure it doesn't for others either. But I think the main Lib Dem objective is really just to get as many seats as possible. And revoking gets them all the hard Remain vote.

And they know Labour are floundering.

Why do you think the rest of us might vote for what you call a village idiot and/or calculated liar?

Because they want Brexit. And they think he will deliver it?

I can't possibly believe that anyone thinks Johnson would make a good PM beyond sorting out Brexit. For me he's everything that's wrong with politics. A leader of a country he is not.

I see you made a further post too since.

Unfortunately politics is in a torrid state right now, and like you none of the parties fit for me. I'm in a Labour stronghold however, so I may as well stay in bed all day! Although I will likely now just vote for whichever local candidate impresses me the most.

My hopes were that Brexit may at least change things for the better once it's done, but I no longer see that as a possibility. In politics, until we are rid of the Johnson's and Corbyn's of this world - and electoral reform becomes something of a possibility, things will just continue as they are.

Because they want Brexit. And they think he will deliver it?

I can't possibly believe that anyone thinks Johnson would make a good PM beyond sorting out Brexit. For me he's everything that's wrong with politics. A leader of a country he is not.

I have no real basis for this but, I think you are right. If we are right it is such a shame that the GE result will be driven by Brexit.

Whichever way you look at it the Majority voted to leave the EU with either no deal or a deal. They did not vote for stay (Lib dem) or for do a deal and then ask us again.

I think all the parities have persevered for what I would call total victory without realising such a stance can deliver total defeat. I.E.

Tories trying for no deal whilst giving the optics of trying for a deal
Labour trying for second referendum and dithering a bit
Lib Dem trying to overturn the result of the referendum (This feels so bad to me, I,e we don’t care what was voted for we are not doing it end of)

I can see that to many that the Lib Dem’s and labour have given the appearance of not wanting to uphold the referendum (In theory about 48% of people would not be u happy with this)

whilst the Torries have given the appearance of wanting to upheld the referendum

hence why I would agree.

such a shame really that a GE might well be decided primarily on something that was decided 3 years ago

interesting to see who out of the parties got their brexit strategy right and comes out best

rdgs

Sorry mate but that was not my point, demographics apply across the country, different party’s will never get a look in for different reasons.

My point was that if an mp is doing a truly awful job at constituency level then they would likely face a vote of confidence by the local party and potentially face deselection, regardless of how safe the seat is. The fact she has not in over 30 years suggests to me at least, she must be doing something right.

Unfortunately this shows you know nothing about the metropolitan minorities vote. It has very little to nothing to do with how the individual MP might be performing.

in many urban BAME communities the cultural or religious leaders will cajole people into voting one way - labour (almost exclusively).

why? Because BAME communities have always thought the left was on their side. But like the states they are beginning to wake up. Finally significant numbers are realising that the left is not their friend.

Unfortunately this shows you know nothing about the metropolitan minorities vote. It has very little to nothing to do with how the individual MP might be performing.

in many urban BAME communities the cultural or religious leaders will cajole people into voting one way - labour (almost exclusively).

why? Because BAME communities have always thought the left was on their side. But like the states they are beginning to wake up. Finally significant numbers are realising that the left is not their friend.

Thanks for that

I was not talking about left or right I or anything like that, I was talking about local political party membership who control the selection process.

Thanks for that

I was not talking about left or right I or anything like that, I was talking about local political party membership who control the selection process.

Ah, got ya.:smashin:

Good for them. Based on my experience of 16/17 yo's including my own kids no way I'd give them a vote. Just not mature enough.
why stop at 16? Why not give vote to 12, 13, 14 and 15 year olds? A line has to be drawn somewhere and 18 seems as good a place as any. ALthough there may well be some 16 yo who are intelligent eniough to decide who to vote for, most are not and don't have a clue.

ALthough there may well be some 16 yo who are intelligent eniough to decide who to vote for, most are not and don't have a clue.
Same logic applies to adults, you need to come up with something better than that to support your argument.

Same logic applies to adults, you need to come up with something better than that to support your argument.

You advocating some sort of intelligence test to qualify your right to vote?

Maybe your in favour of banning over 65's from voting because they will be dead sooner than someone who is 25?

You advocating some sort of intelligence test to qualify your right to vote?

Maybe your in favour of banning over 65's from voting because they will be dead sooner than someone who is 25?
Nope. Exactly the opposite. Point is it doesn't matter how stupid you are, as long as you're over 18 you get a vote. Therefore I don't see how intelligence should be a consideration when discussing 16-17 year olds getting a vote.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom