• Greens

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • DUP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL The biggest Conservative win since 1987, whilst causing the biggest Labour loss since 1937, but he has a credibility issue :D Next time lets all vote for @mcbainne and see how you get on.

On the vote share he got 1.2% more than Theresa May got in 2017 and we've been told plenty times on here how hopeless she was......

Not at all, merely discussing the facts of how people voted and disputing the narrative that some are trying to portray :smashin:

So what is the point of all this? Are you just trying to make out no one really wanted a Tory pro-brexit government?
And what everyone really wanted Labour in power?

So what is the point of all this? Are you just trying to make out no one really wanted a Tory pro-brexit government?
And what everyone really wanted Labour in power?
He is making a very valid point. Johnson's majority was secured as much by the collapse of the Labour vote as by the Tory electoral machine.

I don't think anyone cares anymore except the both of you?
I can't imagine you would be here discussing it if you didn't care? As is often the case with these things, always good to look at the whole picture.

He is making a very valid point. Johnson's majority was secured as much by the collapse of the Labour vote as by the Tory electoral machine.

All's fair in love and war politics. :thumbsup: The Tories have had a terrible track record over the last 10 years, yet won by a landslide 80 majority.

I can’t believe we are still having to justify a Conservative majority of 80 (365 seats). o_O

I can’t believe we are still having to justify a Conservative majority of 80 (365 seats). o_O
As I've already said, we're living on a world where 28/32 Scottish councils voted to remain in the UK and yet people think there is a mandate for a second referendum.

It's a funny old world.

To add, people can no longer accept losing. It’s gotten so much worse since 2016.

there seems to be this idea that it’s ok to think, oh we lost, let’s keep pushing until we win. Generally spurred on by a sense of moral superiority.

Take any loss like a man/woman (delete appropriately).

To add, people can no longer accept losing. It’s gotten so much worse since 2016.

there seems to be this idea that it’s ok to think, oh we lost, let’s keep pushing until we win. Generally spurred on by a sense of moral superiority.

Take any loss like a man/woman (delete appropriately).
I think referenda make this worse as they're supposed to be a 'final word' act of democracy, but as we've seen with the SNP and many who couldn't accept the result of the Brexit referendum, they just want referenda until they get their way.

For this and many other reasons, I can't stand referenda. I feel they undermine our great democracy rather than supplement it.

Excuse me but how is that different to any other election? - if one side does badly then the other tend to end up winning.

They dont take an equal number of votes off each side every time Corbyn says something daft.

Not to mention the NHS vote according to him!
Except the ones now elected as MPs. I took a lot of satisfaction on election night every time it was pointed out an NHS employee (former) or Dr (medical) had been elected as a Conservative MP.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom