• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

General DVD Player Question

TNANDY

Standard Member
Is it possible for a dvd player to just not recognize a dvd very well. I have one dvd that plays perfectly on every other dvd player in my home, playstation, xbox 360, and computer. However on my Apex AD-1100W dvd player, it starts to skip a lot after the layer transition. There are no scratches on the dvd and I don't see any air bubbles or cracks or anything of that nature. The dvd player skips on other dvds every once in awhile because I've had it for a few years now, but it really skips a lot on this dvd. Just wondering if it's something I should be worried about as far as disc rot or anything. Thanks.

KUBBY

Hi,
As its only this player that appears to have a problem with this (and other discs) I suspect the player is in trouble.
You can try running a lens cleaner disc in it,but I think you may have had the best years use from the player.

Good Luck

KH

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom