General DAB/FM question

Voy06

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, I live in an area which as per the ukdigitalradio website I should pick up the majority of DAB stations without any issues at all.

My question is which may be a stupid question if I buy a DAB/FM radio will DAB pick up AM frequency radio stations for example Talksport keeping in mind it is a DAB/FM with no mention of AM in the specs.

The radio I am after is this one: index

Many thanks.

No am is a seperate waveband the assumpton has to be if it is not mentioned it does not have it. But is talksport not on dab?

No am is a seperate waveband the assumpton has to be if it is not mentioned it does not have it. But is talksport not on dab?

Hi mate, yes Talksport is on the DAB radio station list so does that mean if it's on DAB then it doesn't matter whether it's an AM/FM radio station DAB will tune to it.

This is what i'm not really understanding.

Cheers.

Your radio will only pick up the DAB signal. It can't receive AM signals, which uses a completely different broadcasting system. Some stations such as TalkSport and Radio 5 transmit on both DAB and AM, but you'll only get their DAB broadcast.

KJ Palmer said:
Your radio will only pick up the DAB signal. It can't receive AM signals, which uses a completely different broadcasting system. Some stations such as TalkSport and Radio 5 transmit on both DAB and AM, but you'll only get their DAB broadcast.

Cheers mate that's exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom