General Boxing Chit Chat

Oh no rip :( sad day

Hi,

I know he was a controversial figure but I found that he had a certain charisma & I liked him - very sad the way his life was ended - RIP.

Suave.

Brilliant from Quigg there, didn't waste anything and looked sharp from the 2nd round on, great movement, some lovely combinations(especially the later rounds) and a great stoppage! Shame for Munroe, hopefully he can still come back for some more fights yet.

Is a great card tonight, would have loved to have been there for Hattons return.

Murray to look forward to before the main event, should be good.

What a shame, never looked anywhere close to his former self, but was really hoping he'd make it to the final bell:(

Hope he can move on and focus on training/promoting and not fall back into the bad times.

What a shame, never looked anywhere close to his former self, but was really hoping he'd make it to the final bell:(

Hope he can move on and focus on training/promoting and not fall back into the bad times.

yes gutted for him,hope he stays focused and healthy,always thought it was a big gamble taking Senchenko as the opponent

just want to add what an arse paul dempsey is as an interviewer:mad:

Hatton shouldn't have come back

December 8th Marquez pacquiao

Wise up? It's over for him now... he comeback, tried, and failed, I do feel sorry for him though he looked gutted in the after talk, all that work, losing the weight and fighting depression/drink/drugs, let's hope he don't slip back into it.

No point in saying rip though

Sadly I predicted Hatton would lose, high energy fighters at the lower weights never get better with age, especially coming off knockout defeats, ballooning in weight and so long out the ring. Sad to see. Hatton was entertaining to watch in his prime. Enjoy the retirement champ.

December 8th Marquez pacquiao

Hey DrWise,

How do you see this one ending up? I don't know but I have a feeling that maybe Marquez might pull this one off - just a feeling thats all!

Suave!

Hey DrWise,

How do you see this one ending up? I don't know but I have a feeling that maybe Marquez might pull this one off - just a feeling thats all!

Suave!

i hope he does,he deserves it (even if it is a dodgy decision) still a very underrated fighter in my opinion:)

I want Marquez taking it
But feel pacquiao will get a decision split again to move a fight with mayweather in a direction so it happens
Looking forward to Guerrero vs berto tonight

i hope he does,he deserves it (even if it is a dodgy decision) still a very underrated fighter in my opinion:)

Hi,

Although I am a Pacquiao fan I absolutely agree with you - Marquez is pure class & heart. I too believe he deserves way more credit than has been given.

I think he is one of the very few fighters that can read Pacquiao very well & do something amazing - actually adapt in the fight itself to Pacquiao's changes - Marquez is an awesome fighter & a very decent guy outside the ring!

Suave!

I want Marquez taking it
But feel pacquiao will get a decision split again to move a fight with mayweather in a direction so it happens
Looking forward to Guerrero vs berto tonight

Hi,

He very well might - like I said before, I feel he is one of the very few fighters that Pacquaio has real trouble with & if Pacquiao's stance is going to be to come forward all the way with an attack, attack, attack approach - it might not work - Marquez can take a lot of punishment & is a great counter puncher!

Suave!

Marquez is a quality counter puncher
Guarantee it to be a war
Guerrero vs berto good fight berto didn't stand much of a chance
Think the failed drugs test had a part to play

I used to run the old Hatton forum and broke the story of the comeback earlier this year after a friend in the know said he'd gone to Italy under the pretence of a holiday, but was actually doing some training out there to shift the weight.

When I heard he was going straight in with a 10-rounder I was surprised, given Erik Morales looked atrocious in his comeback after 3 years out against a journeyman. He eventually put a few wins together, pushing Maidana close and doing better than Khan against Garcia.

But whilst Erik kept his hand in at the gym, Ricky did little except balloon and drink. Recruiting Bob Shannon was also slightly short sighted given he couldn't compare Ricky today and Ricky from 3+ years ago. They should have got Lee Beard back involved because he's not a yes-man and would have told him straight. He would also have seen what's missing that Ricky had previously.

The timing, sloppiness and just the way he followed Senchenko round the ring, instead of cutting him off, getting in range and unloading showed he was trying to fight on memory and had basically not learned anything in camp about who he used to be.

He should have done 6-rds unannounced on an undercard, to avoid the crowds and should have had lee beard as trainer. Then he might have been more polished. Regardless I think it's better he was beaten now - than against a true world class puncher at welter, because he'd have gotten destroyed.

He was never a welter.

He should have done 6-rds unannounced on an undercard, to avoid the crowds and should have had lee beard as trainer. Then he might have been more polished. Regardless I think it's better he was beaten now - than against a true world class puncher at welter, because he'd have gotten destroyed.

He was never a welter.

I thought he was mad coming back but to comeback and jump in at the deep end without a few low key warm up fights was even madder. That makes me think money was definitely a factor, surely Hatton could have fought a lesser opponent and worked out if he still had it. Who knows after getting rid of the ring rust he might have beaten Senchenko.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom