General Boxing Chit Chat

DrWise

Banned
Witter vs Gavin tonight

Cotto vs trout on December 1st

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Witter vs Gavin tonight
Didn't get to see it as was on nights last night, from the sounds of it was a pretty ugly fight though and went to points with Gavin winning it.

Would have though Gavin should really have pushed for a stoppage against Witter, he just never seems to be progressing like he should have been. As one of the biggest prospects in British boxing, the years seem to be leaving him behind a bit(although glad to hear he dropped the whole "fun time Frankie" thing).

Don't think I'll bother trying to find a download of the fight after reading about it.

DrWise

Banned
Can't believe Emmanuel steward passed away sad news
Rip steward

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Anyone else bother with the Bute fight this morning?

Wish I hadn't, was so much later than I expected and far from exciting. Thought he was lucky to get the decision as he never really got into it until the last round. I just think the Froch defeat took his confidence away and he looked nervy from the first bell to me, never really let his hands go.

I'll be surprised if he takes the Froch rematch early next year after that performance, he really needs to rebuild his confidence IMO and if that had been Froch in there with him last night I think he'd have retired him for good. Certainly can't see any change in outcome from the rematch.

redcat1

surprise surprise, another klitschko win. Will the heavyweight division ever be entertaining again ?

Oh and Rocky the musical :D

DrWise

Banned
Flintoff debut 30th November

HitmanKelly

Undercard bout, and only a 4 rounder too. Hardly deserving of all this hype I must say.

Cracking fight ahead this weekend with De Marco v Broner. Fair play to Boxnation, really proving its worth as of late.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Have they even named his opponent yet?

It's the undercard of the David Price vs Matt Skelton fight, don't think the main event will be too interesting, Price should put Skelton away within a few rounds I would think. I'll go for four rounds as Skelton is a tough old boot, but he's going to take some hard shots before he retires I think, not in the same class as Price and he isn't getting any younger.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Looking forward to tonight, Froch v Mack and the undercard of Bellew v Bollonti.

My only concern for Froch is if he switches off at all, he's been known to do that in the past against lesser opponents and having been fighting the very best for so long I wonder if his adrenaline will be really pumped for this one.

DrWise

Banned
Think Froch will win within a few rounds

Not looking forward to flintoff
All hype what will his weapon be the sweep shot maybe the sixer lol

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Think Froch will win within a few rounds
He certainly should, I'm not expecting more than 5 rounds. I'm actually looking forward to the Bellew fight more tonight, which makes a change with Froch being one of my favorites.

DrWise

Banned
Easy win for froch

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Easy win for froch
Indeed, classy one too, Froch is just oozing confidence at the moment and for good reason. Always loved watching Froch but he just seems to be getting better and better which at 35 is pretty incredible!

Don't see the Bute rematch happening, after Bute's last fight, he'd have been watching this and I'd be amazed if he'd fancy climbing back in the ring with Froch any time soon, in fact scrap the soon. Have a feeling Ward will probably steer clear too, he's already got a win over Froch so alot of risk in taking a rematch.

Hope to see the Kessler rematch next year, although the winner of the Kessler v Magee will be mandatory for Ward so might be late 2013 if it happens. Who else is there for Froch in the super middleweight division?

kopchoir

Banned
Thought Bellew did great especially with that nasty cut which I think without that the fight would of been over within 5.

Thought Froch might of struggled last night but he dispatched his opponent and was comfortable through out.

Did anyone see Broner vs De Marco on boxnation

HitmanKelly

Did anyone see Broner vs De Marco on boxnation
Yep. Stunning performance from 'the problem' - is was quite startling to see just how much better he was than Demarco, who many expected to drag him into a 12 round war. Been saying for over a year now, but it was confirmed last night, this kid really is something special. Can see him rising through the weights with ease and dominance.

I really wouldn't fancy Burns' chances, but one advantage he would have is he's a naturally big lightweight and he's a smart fighter too, so wouldn't be drawn in as easy as Demarco was. But Burns has cleaned up domestically, improved with every fight, and who could deny him that big fight in Vegas next year if it comes off.

As for Froch, shame on Sky for ditching all the other promoters in favour of Matchroom, who for me, have delivered two poor shows in a row now. Like the Brook fight last month, we all knew Froch v Mack was a horrible mismatch, as was the Bellew fight (I'm convinced he'd have had him out of there inside 5 rounds if it was for that nasty cut). Think Froch has done tremendously well his past two outings, but all this talk about Ward is silly. I hate to say it but I don't see any scenario in which Froch beats Ward, I really don't. Even if it was held in the UK.

Last edited:

DrWise

Banned
Froch vs ward only fight out there now
Both on top there game
And prime examples of what boxing needs

richp007

Distinguished Member
Hatton's oppo never turned up to the press conference. I'd laugh if he never turned up to the fight!

I'm quite worried for Hatton doing this though. I don't think he should have come out of retirement.

DrWise

Banned
Hatton wish him well In the fight
But not paying for it and ended up selling my tickets aswell

DrWise

Banned
Very sad news :(

DrWise

Banned
Oh no rip :( sad day

Suave

Hi,

I know he was a controversial figure but I found that he had a certain charisma & I liked him - very sad the way his life was ended - RIP.

Suave.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Brilliant from Quigg there, didn't waste anything and looked sharp from the 2nd round on, great movement, some lovely combinations(especially the later rounds) and a great stoppage! Shame for Munroe, hopefully he can still come back for some more fights yet.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Is a great card tonight, would have loved to have been there for Hattons return.

Murray to look forward to before the main event, should be good.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
What a shame, never looked anywhere close to his former self, but was really hoping he'd make it to the final bell:(

Hope he can move on and focus on training/promoting and not fall back into the bad times.

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member
What a shame, never looked anywhere close to his former self, but was really hoping he'd make it to the final bell:(

Hope he can move on and focus on training/promoting and not fall back into the bad times.
yes gutted for him,hope he stays focused and healthy,always thought it was a big gamble taking Senchenko as the opponent

DrWise

Banned
Hatton shouldn't have come back

DrWise

Banned
December 8th Marquez pacquiao