General advice for a new setup: will the Z1 achieve what I'm after?

J

jellyellie

I have a bit of money to spare so I think I'll turn my room into a gadget pad. At the moment I'm just considering a projector; finding out how much I'd need to spend to achieve what I'm after.

I'd move my computer up to my room so I can watch DVDs from it, hook my N64 up to the projector for some multiplayer fun and get a TV card for my PC.

I'm looking at a projection size of about 80" diagonally in 16:9 mode. Would I want it in a 4:3 aspect ratio for gaming/computer use though?

I'm most interested in the Sanyo Z1 - that kind of price range. There's also the BenqPB6100 from ebuyer for £580. I've used that Projection Calculator and the throw size for the Z1 will be fine. I'd probably make my own screen.

I suppose I am after general advice. Anything I need to think about/be aware of? Would the Z1 fit my needs? Any tips for me?

Thanks guys (and girls) :thumbsup:

ellie

The Z1 is getting a little long in the tooth now, so unless you can get one for around £400 I'd suggest spending a bit more on something like an Epson TW10 .. this is getting a lot of good reports.

As for the 16:9 vs. 4:3 issue, 16:9 projectors usually (always?) have a menu option to select 4:3 when you need it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom