Gems of war PS4

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Hi there everyone.
There's a new match three puzzler out now. It's free to play and is from the guys behind the ridiculously addictive puzzle quest series.
It's very deep with lots of characters, spells, quests and challenges.
I've started my own guild, so if anyone wants to join 'quimby', you'll need to use the code 'nephilim'.
Message me via psn if you want to join.
Cheers,
Happy swapping,
Ozzzy

addyb

Distinguished Member
Grabbed this on the xb1 earlier. Good game and perfect to play after a session on cod.

Stinja

Review, it looks like it's a continuation of the Puzzle Quest style games:
Gems of War Review: War is Expensive and Free - Gamezebo
Why isn't this on Vita though? It might be a fine match-3 game, but seems more mobile-ish (it's on Android too), rather than trying to compete with PS4 time against Fallout, CoD etc

Trailer:

video overview / first play?

Last edited:

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
There's a proper puzzle quest game available on psn, it's got the Marvel licence attached to it. I thought that review was bab, getting gold is no problem, getting souls is. Levelling characters up to level 5-7 is ok, above that and it's a struggle without paying.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
I've noticed some strange games where I should have been battered, but when I'm down to my last troop or two, the Gem combinations come in just right to do attack after attack for a win from the jaws of defeat. But feels very manufactured to me to keep the interest up.

It's an addictive game already, but I can almost spot the point in a game where the system decides to help me out, quite jarring and I'd rather learn from a defeat.

Stinja

... I'm down to my last troop or two, the Gem combinations come in just right to do attack after attack for a win from the jaws of defeat.
so All their gems now belong to you? Maybe you're just pro-1337 MLG hardcore!

GiantDad.gif

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Got space for 4 avf members. Guild called quimby, code nephilim.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom