1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce 6800 GTO -> Sanyo Z2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gilbers, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Gilbers

Gilbers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I have just taken delivery of a new Dell Dimension 5000 with a GeForce 6800 GTO, and I'm planning to use it to feed my Sanyo Z2.

Is anyone else using this combination?

How do I get the PC to output 1280x720 in order to get 1:1 pixel mapping? Do I need Powerstrip, or does the nVidia driver already have the capability to do custom resolutions? (if so I can't seem to find it)

What other software, if any, will I need to get things working optimally?

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Recent releases of the NVidia Control Panel have 1280x720 'out of the box', however getting 50hz didn't work reliably for me in the 71.xx drivers and before, the last time I tried it, maybe the later ones do. If all else fails then Powerstrip is the answer, and may prove more convenient when switching refresh rates than the NVidia panel.

3. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    back him up there the latest nvidia drivers have 720p out of the box but at 50hz it isnt reliable at all. best bet is powerstrip i know i will use it when i get the chance to mess around