Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Geforce 4 card DVI output to HS10?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by John_N, Jan 14, 2003.

1. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've been reading a lot of posts over on the AVS forum and it seems that no-one has managed to get the Geforce series of cards working with the Sony VPL-HS10 projector using the DVI input.

I gather that so far, everyone who has tried has managed a 4:3 ratio picture of 1024*768 and not the 16:9 panel size of 1368*768 or whatever it is.

Is this a fair assessment?

I currently have a Geforce 4 ti4600 and I'm wondering if I should buy a second radeon card to drive the projector - in fact - I'm wondering whether I can even drive two video cards from the same PC (assume that I want to use this 'server' PC with an extra video card and a DVI link to my projector downstairs (in the room immediately below :)

Any ideas?
    Cheers
    John

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought there was a problem with GF cards via DVI.

AFAIK, they won't allow resolutions above 1280x1024. So the 1366 required by the HS10 is a no go.

2 graphics cards on 1 PC means 1 on the AGP slot, & 1 on a PCI slot - not really ideal.

Get a Radeon card & you shouldn't have a problem with the HS10 res, but your GF will then be useless.

PCI graphics cards are to be avoided, especially for gaming/serious HTPC use.

2nd dedicated HTPC machine perhaps???

3. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I forgot about the AGP port... DOH.. :)

I'll build another dedicated PC then. I built this one earlier this year so it won't be that big a deal... I'll put a video capture card in it and in a nice box and it can replace my video recorder!

cheers
    John