Gecko home cinema forum days

I think the server or a least a hard drive and the lap dancers are a no brainer.

Hard drives, lap dancers, throbbing, vibrating... woofers. Hey just saying what everyone else is thinking.

Hard drives, lap dancers, throbbing, vibrating... woofers. Hey just saying what everyone else is thinking.

I wouldn't have said "woofers"... :)

We have added a page on our website about the Forum Days for anyone who wants to tempt a friend along.

Thanks for making them such a great success:- Home Cinema Berkshire

We have added a page on our website about the Forum Days for anyone who wants to tempt a friend along.

Thanks for making them such a great success:- Home Cinema Berkshire

It's a pity you didn't ask me for a quote. A little Jamaican patois eg "BUMBOCLAAT! the systems at Rob's yard are murderous, bredren!", would have looked tremendous on your site...

Excellent page on your site :clap:. Some superb quotes too.

Will definitely arrange to pop down in the near future for demo and some general construction advice.

Per

Hi Per

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the new page. Paul thanks again for taking such great photos...

Per, I hope you can make it over. I think you'd find a visit here a lot of fun and it may make you rethink what needs doing to a room for optimal picture and sound quality and where you'd be best spending your budget on a system.

Hope to see you soon.

Rob

Hi Rob

Will sort something out when kids are off school - would like to come down mid week so as not to impact on any forum day(s), and so kids and wife can get a feel for what I want to achieve, and actually can achieve.

Cheers

Per

Hi Rob

Will sort something out when kids are off school - would like to come down mid week so as not to impact on any forum day(s), and so kids and wife can get a feel for what I want to achieve, and actually can achieve.

Cheers

Per
That would be an awesome day out to tell fellow classmates about :thumbsup:

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the new page. Paul thanks again for taking such great photos...

lol I'm on one of the photo's, do we get commission/royalties :D

Just as a thought, from the viewpoint of a very skint person looking to gain maximum benefits from minimum budget... :rolleyes: :blush: :(

Would it be a good idea to have some of the 'smaller' / cheaper MK options up and running at the next demo day?

Purely from an entirely selfish point of view, it would be great to listen to the M series and any other similarly priced options that may exist - the uber-expensive 150s (whichever version they are, I get confused :blush: :laugh:) are awesome and amazingly capable, but with my budget they might as well be made of unobtanium and only available if you collect in person from the moon... :laugh:

I appreciate that most people already have decent systems, though, so I wouldn't want to create hassle just for me to have a nosey :) lol

MemX
Absolutely we can arrange for the M speakers to go on dem for a listen, combined with a nice subwoofer, perhaps the X10.
Great little speaker range, now with THX compact system certification.
It is always of interest to us as to what wants to be heard at the forum days.

Please keep the suggestions coming.......

Would it be a good idea to have some of the 'smaller' / cheaper MK options up and running at the next demo day?

That sounds like a great idea, don't worry your not the only one on a budget ;)

lol I'm on one of the photo's, do we get commission/royalties :D

Me too! I totally agree with getting commission/royalties, then I could maybe afford a Steinway!

I know it's quite a way off but I've just spent all day with some of the folk from MK. Their most exciting news is that before the end of the year we will be demonstrating MK's new reference loudspeakers system called the S300.

This will have the same stacked three tweeter and dual mid layout of the S150, but in a larger cabinet with larger mid-range drivers and a new tweeter and assembly. It will be available as an in wall, on wall, in room and later as an active speaker and will have a matching Tripolar surround.

Pricing will be about twice that of the S150's. I'm chomping at the bit to know more and will let you know more when I do.

I know it’s quite a way off but I’ve just spent all day with some of the folk from MK. Their most exciting news is that before the end of the year we will be demonstrating MK’s new reference loudspeakers system called the S300.

This will have the same stacked three tweeter and dual mid layout of the S150, but in a larger cabinet with larger mid-range drivers and a new tweeter and assembly. It will be available as an in wall, on wall, in room and later as an active speaker and will have a matching Tripolar surround.

Pricing will be about twice that of the S150’s. I’m chomping at the bit to know more and will let you know more when I do.

That's going to put the cat among the pigeons can't wait to hear them:smashin:

I need a new job with a 500% payrise... lol

Thanks for the teaser Rob.

Pricing will be about twice that of the S150’s

So twice the performance then :lease:

I`ll put my LCR plans on hold until more details are released on these, hopefully they might be the speaker to make me upgrade and be a worthy successor to mine.

Thanks Rob,

Dave

Hey Dave

There's a huge team behind MK now and the S300 series will really show the investment in new products that they are making. The new speakers will be much more than a bigger 150. The cost of tooling for this new speaker range is way beyond what the company has ever been able to make in the past.

Everything from the sandwich cabinet construction, the new drivers and crossover and the tweeter housing and wave guide should make for a real statement range of speakers with everything made in Denmark.

I cant wait!

If anyone has a spare $200k lying around and is interested in the best speakers you can buy, Steinway Lyngdorf's LS Concerts have just been voted the Best of the Best by the Robb Report. The Robb Report have voted various Steinway Lyngdorf systems as the best audio systems money can buy in 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2013.

We had these speakers on loan here earlier this year and they are quite unlike any other hi fidelity speaker I'm aware of. They can comfortably fill 1000 seater cinemas with reference quality sound at reference quality SPL's.

I'm saving up for a pair of these as we speak....

The projector that accompanies the 20,000w, MK active 150 / Ultimate Sub Woofer Octosub system has been upgraded from the JVC X35 –t0 the X75 which has made everything sound much better. How does that work?

Its the improvement in colour that has surprised me most….not what I was expecting.

Anyhow it still didn't make me enjoy “Life of Pi”….perhaps it's aimed at a more sophisticated audience…I think I feel a re run of “Band of Brothers” coming on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom