Gecko home cinema forum days

For bass frequency range more relevant measurement is combined left + right.

Last edited:
Please, no humour here, this is hifi we are talking about!

I went to the Albert Hall on Monday as a friend had great seats, 7 rows back from the stage. Great surround, but the sound from the signer was awful. The speakers were on the stage firing up.

Nonsense!

Hi all.

Yes indeed both channels makes sense. We did measure the other channels but there was alot of discussion going on during which I didn't save themo_O. I wouldn't expect the response to be much different just the SPL.
Next time I have the pleasure ill do it with you all in mind and post the full details. It never gets old listening to that setup;)

Hi all.

Yes indeed both channels makes sense. We did measure the other channels but there was alot of discussion going on during which I didn't save themo_O. I wouldn't expect the response to be much different just the SPL.
Next time I have the pleasure ill do it with you all in mind and post the full details. It never gets old listening to that setup;)
Let’s not distract from the effort and time you did put in. So thank you for bringing it to life.
Keeps the geeks coming back. 😀

If you are interested in knowing a little more about the pros and cons of room design and treatment, please have a read of this.............

Are you looking for the ultimate speaker system?

The Holy Grail of audio reproduction is the perfect reproduction of live music.

Steinway Lyngdorf audio systems are unique in being able to deliver this.

As their name suggests, the LS Concert have been designed to reproduce the power and quality of a live concert. The 8-foot-tall loudspeakers are a free standing, dipole design that introduces sound to the front and rear of the speakers, just like an instrument.

The drive unit are held in free air with no cabinet around them. This eliminates cabinet resonance and allow the fastest, freest movement of the drive units as the air behind them doesn’t restrict their movement.

When partnered with boundary woofers, this system can reproduce THX reference levels over 50m away and is able to perfectly reproduce the sound of the orchestra.

Its is by far the best audio system I’ve ever heard.

If you’d like a listen, please get in touch.

Model LS Concert White - No strings.jpg

Having had the very good fortune of hearing the LS Concerts at Gecko a couple of times, I can attest to them sounding absolutely superb. All aspects of their sound are truly awesome, but for me, it was the dynamic scale that I'll never forget. Never heard anything close to what they are capable of.

Definitely worth a visit to to give them a listen. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom