• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Gears of war Problems

hi i got Gears of war for pc today and i have a pretty decent pc but the frame rate slows down alot

My spec is:

Windows xp media cener 32Bit

windows vista ultimate 32bit

CPU Intel Quad core Q6600 2.40GHZ

GEIL BLACK DRAGON GAMING SERIES DDR2 4 x 1GB 1066mMHZ

Asus P5K Deluxe 775 DDR2 P35 motherboard

nVidia GeForce 8800 ULTRA 768MB GDDR3

is it all patched up?

i have the same cpu and 4gb ram and a 7900gs and it stutters a little at the start of areas etc. but for the most part its not too noticeable.

what drivers you using

I had a dodgy 8800 ultra, check if it stutters in other games, half life 2 loast coast is the best example of this...

what resolution are you playing at, on that system 1680*1050 Max settings DX10 and No AA is the highest i'd push it... should play fine with a few rand slow down scenes...

Razor

Distinguished Member

Dave2

I played this today on my machine settings as followed

1920x1080 @ 60hzz max settings

core2quad q6600 @2.4ghz

4x 1 gig ddr2 667 mhzz

8800gtx 768mb

I have no problems what so ever well the only problem i have at the moment i cant log into live ... anyone else got this problem ?

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I see, I thought it used to say 'Banned' when someone was banned, unless I'm imagining things...

zulu69

Sorry to resurect a dead thread BUT

Put in GOW today to play it once over again (very fun game) and to my complete and ecstatic suprise a new patch has been released (3rd March). The game should prompt you to install it via x-live.

Anyways the new patch COMPLETELY fixed any issues i had (stuttering mainly). Game is now 100% silky smooth 99% (except for the loading etc but not nearly as bad as it was). The game was tops before (most of the time) but now it runs like a dream all the time.

Razor

Distinguished Member
I thought I would give Gears a few goes online only to be greated with an update I cant install. Every time I go to install the patch it comes up with this:

old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Does anyone know how to get round this.

zulu69

I thought I would give Gears a few goes online only to be greated with an update I cant install. Every time I go to install the patch it comes up with this:

Does anyone know how to get round this.

Sorry might be a silly question. But have you tried downloading it (from the website at http://gearsofwar.com/GearsPC ) and installing it manually.

ALSO have you got the NoDVD crack? If so i'd recommend that you copy the original exe over.

Otherwise check this thread out. http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=604485. Hopefully it will help.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom