Gears of War for Kinect to be announced.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Courtesy of DJSigma in the Kinect forum:

Some form of Gears of War-related Kinect game will be revealed during next month's Video Game Awards show, according to a report.

Microsoft will use the Spike TV VGAs to reveal new titles for Kinect, according to IGN, and one of them is Gears of War for Kinect.

At this stage it is unclear whether it's an all-new Gears of War game for Kinect, or an already-released Gears game with Kinect controls retro-fitted.

But we do know Gears of War 3, due out fall 2011, will be free from the technology – Epic Games poster boy Cliff Blezinski said so on Twitter.

Kinect Gears game in the works – report Xbox 360 News - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
But we do know Gears of War 3, due out fall 2011, will be free from the technology – Epic Games poster boy Cliff Blezinski said so on Twitter.

Thanks God!!!

After having so many games spoiled on the Wii from devs trying to intergrate needless waggle, motion genstures etc., my heart skipped a beat when I first read that thread title.

I'm hoping Gears3 will be a true return to form, avoiding the silly mistakes of Gears2 and concentrating on the basic gameplay elements together with great maps and smooth servers.

Panic over:)

Thanks God!!!

After having so many games spoiled on the Wii from devs trying to intergrate needless waggle, motion genstures etc., my heart skipped a beat when I first read that thread title.

I'm hoping Gears3 will be a true return to form, avoiding the silly mistakes of Gears2 and concentrating on the basic gameplay elements together with great maps and smooth servers.

And a half decent shotgun.

I was in love with Gears of War. spent needless hours playing for months and months on end. but the second one took all of 2 weeks for me to say nah this is crap.

AdsterUK

Thanks God!!!

I'd disagree. While I dont want any pointless waggling. I would have loved to see the game have "real 3D" and change the viewing angle slightly as you move your head. No change to the gameplay, just a slight tweak to how it positions the ingame camera.

Ico.

I'd disagree. While I dont want any pointless waggling. I would have loved to see the game have "real 3D" and change the viewing angle slightly as you move your head. No change to the gameplay, just a slight tweak to how it positions the ingame camera.

But when you move you head the TV doesn't move to follow your head. So I'd be looking at a wall while being shot to pieces... unless it was just subtle movements in the camera... but that wouldn't really change the game.:rolleyes:

Thanks God!!!

Amen brother... couldn't agree more... :rolleyes:

AdsterUK

But when you move you head the TV doesn't move to follow your head. So I'd be looking at a wall while being shot to pieces... unless it was just subtle movements in the camera... but that wouldn't really change the game.:rolleyes:
Not changing the game is the point, just give it a little bit more sensory feedback, much like the addition of rumble packs. The video below (its been posted here before) gets across the principle of what I mean, skip to about 2:40
link

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
Turns head to look at friends 21 year old sister in very short skirt, gets blasted by some Locust.

I think there is a flaw with that idea.

AdsterUK

Turns head to look at friends 21 year old sister in very short skirt, gets blasted by some Locust.

I think there is a flaw with that idea.
The flaw is what your friend will do to you if he catches you looking at his sister like that :rotfl:

All I'm aiming for is the illusion of depth within the screen. And its not my job to deal with the technical difficulties posed by young ladies in short skirts :D

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Call me cynical, and I would like to be proved wrong, but I'm guessing it'll be far more likely things like standing up mimicking the chainsaw drop motion rather than something like the head tracking tech displayed above. Time will tell I suppose.

Ico.

Not changing the game is the point, just give it a little bit more sensory feedback, much like the addition of rumble packs. The video below (its been posted here before) gets across the principle of what I mean, skip to about 2:40
link

I have seen this before and it's a nice looking effect but... but I think it works well because it's tracking the position of the head as you walk around. So it's like walking round and looking through a window... too much walking around for a game like Gears me thinks.

Still think it'll be more wave a hand to open a door... guess we'll have to wait and see.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
I'm guessing it'll be far more likely things like standing up mimicking the chainsaw drop motion rather than something like the head tracking tech displayed above.
The only Kinect motion they need to implement in-game is teabagging your opponent - guaranteed sales :thumbsup:

I mean look at how Burnout had the gimmick of take photos of the winners and losers, all but meaningless for actual gaming, but LIVE Vision cameras got bought just so people could taunt their mates. What could be more satisfying than simulating an actual teabag, and the enemies camera locked and being forced to watch the whole episode? I'd recommend to the devs you are completely invulnerable while doing this also :smashin:

AvSP

The only Kinect motion they need to implement in-game is teabagging your opponent - guaranteed sales :thumbsup:

I mean look at how Burnout had the gimmick of take photos of the winners and losers, all but meaningless for actual gaming, but LIVE Vision cameras got bought just so people could taunt their mates. What could be more satisfying than simulating an actual teabag, and the enemies camera locked and being forced to watch the whole episode? I'd recommend to the devs you are completely invulnerable while doing this also :smashin:

:clap::clap::clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom