Gears of War 4 - Ranked Crossplay coming soon!

I've been saving for a while so bought a few hundred Feral Horde packs as they're pretty much exactly what I want, didn't get as many purples as I hoped (really want to get explosive headshot up to 5) but managed to get most blue and purple skills up a level.

I've been saving for a while so bought a few hundred Feral Horde packs as they're pretty much exactly what I want, didn't get as many purples as I hoped (really want to get explosive headshot up to 5) but managed to get most blue and purple skills up a level.

Yeah I spent about 30k credits, definitely worth it for the amount of epics. I'm at class 10 for all classes so just getting the rest of the skills up to level 5 though, most are done, just working through the useless ones. :)

Competitive Warmup Trial Weekend - Now Live (CROSSPLAY ENABLED EVENT)

Hey Gears fans

We have a new playlist now live in Gears of War 4 this weekend called 'Competitive Warmup', available under the 'Competitive' category in the Versus Menu.

This social-style Crossplay playlist is aimed at providing a way to warm up for Escalation and Execution across three game modes - Dodgeball, King of the Hill and Arms Race - with Competitive settings.

This playlist is only available over the weekend on a trial period. We're looking for feedback on what this playlist adds to the Gears 4 experience as well as gathering data, so let us know your thoughts and feedback in this thread!

is there a way to get this Cheap for PC? Or do i have to buy it for the Xbox One also

is there a way to get this Cheap for PC? Or do i have to buy it for the Xbox One also

Buy it on your Xbox One, you'll get it for PC too (digital ONLY). If you want it cheaper, buy it using the xbox one vpn region trick in this thread, bit of a hassle but you'll be able to buy from any region, just be careful on card handling / foreign transaction fees.

Buying games from foreign regions: Please read the FAQ in the first post

EDIT: also @stument don't buy the ultimate edition, all dlc is free and rotates in playlists and it's not worth it. :smashin:

Last edited:
Yeah I spent about 30k credits, definitely worth it for the amount of epics. I'm at class 10 for all classes so just getting the rest of the skills up to level 5 though, most are done, just working through the useless ones. :)

I just have my soldier left to get to level 10, it's generally painfully slow as I mostly play with randoms who to put it mildly are a challenge in this game particularly as my scout/engineer are fully levelled so I have to leave those roles to other. Which means if they're good, they'll almost always leave at wave 20 or they're just completely hopeless...had a scout on an insane Horde run who'd never really played the game before then joined the next one where the scout didn't run a deposit bonus or pick up power. On another game I was a sniper and despite there being two scouts, a lot of power was being missed and the engineer only built sentries (for which he seemed to have no discounts) so ended up having to take the level 20 Swarmak Hardcore on my own with two caltropes and a level 1 sentry.

John

I just have my soldier left to get to level 10, it's generally painfully slow as I mostly play with randoms who to put it mildly are a challenge in this game particularly as my scout/engineer are fully levelled so I have to leave those roles to other. Which means if they're good, they'll almost always leave at wave 20 or they're just completely hopeless...had a scout on an insane Horde run who'd never really played the game before then joined the next one where the scout didn't run a deposit bonus or pick up power. On another game I was a sniper and despite there being two scouts, a lot of power was being missed and the engineer only built sentries (for which he seemed to have no discounts) so ended up having to take the level 20 Swarmak Hardcore on my own with two caltropes and a level 1 sentry.

John

Well I'm sure me IX DAN M4N IX and @Waynej would be down to play sometime. We too know the struggle of randoms. We're both maxed everything so should make it a bit easier, we usually go Looking for Group on Xbox to make it a bit easier.

Pro tip: Turn Vsync off even if you have Gsync monitor. If you set it to uncapped it feels much smoother.

March 10th - March 13th

0YPRxq4.gif

Dev Playlist now has Old Town (Gears 3 remake) / Diner

Kantus is back at some point in March.

C6pr7C7WwAACS1U.jpg:large

i finally fired this up for multiplayer. it was fun getting back to gears. Still frustrated as hell getting owned all the time but hey ho.
is there any downside to playing social? i always played social on the other ones i played. are unlocks or levelups gimped in social?

thanks

i finally fired this up for multiplayer. it was fun getting back to gears. Still frustrated as hell getting owned all the time but hey ho.
is there any downside to playing social? i always played social on the other ones i played. are unlocks or levelups gimped in social?

thanks

No downside to playing in Social no. Personally, I want to be able to find games in all playlists, all core and comp playlists are dead unless you party up in the Gears 4 PC discord at around midnight to 1am as that's when all the americans come on. Even then it's a struggle.

This game seriously needs crossplay on other playlists.

Got it last night. Mistakenly bought the original ultimate version first but no matter as I liked tbat too.

Anyone know how or if I can get to ultrawide 1440p res?

Got it last night. Mistakenly bought the original ultimate version first but no matter as I liked tbat too.

Anyone know how or if I can get to ultrawide 1440p res?

3440x1440 works perfectly. Up the FOV to 100 though.

Huge news!

WINDOWS 10 RANKED PLAY

When we released Crossplay support in Social, our players on Windows 10 flocked to the playlist to play in the broadest playerbase possible. Since that time, Windows 10 players have found it increasingly difficult to find matches in Core and Competitive, so we've been working on solutions as quickly as possible to provide an improved experience on the platform. Today, we're excited to announce a series of updates to unlock Core and Competitive play for our fans on Windows 10!

Live Today - Playlist Change

Our first step is to make an immediate update that provides a focused Ranked Play experience for our PC audience. This is a temporary step that we hope will focus our Windows 10 audience into specific playlists, and provide an opportunity for our players to participate in Ranked Play while we work on our major upcoming Crossplay feature. As of today, Windows 10 players will now see the following playlist setup:

Social (Crossplay)

Core
TDM or KOTH (Rotates Weekly)

Competitive
Competitive Warm Up (Crossplay)
Escalation

Crossplay Ranked

As for our permanent solution - Crossplay is coming to Ranked Play! That means Xbox and PC players will be able to play alongside each other and compete for Ranks in any Core and Competitive playlist. So why aren't we doing this now?

Core and Competitive are key experiences in Gears of War 4 that offer a more skill-based matchmade environment. While we know many of our players will enjoy playing against their opponents regardless of platform, we also know many of our players will want to ensure a level playing field - and that means keeping their opponents on the same platform as they are.

As such, later this year, we will be adding a new 'Ranked Crossplay' Toggle for our Xbox One players! Xbox One players will have the choice of playing with or without Windows 10 players in any Core or Competitive Playlist with this toggle - though Social, Competitive Warm Up and Special Events will always be Crossplay enabled regardless. As we want to make sure Windows 10 players can experience any Ranked Playlist, the toggle will not be available on Windows 10.

Once we've added this feature to Gears of War 4, we'll then update our playlists to allow for Crossplay. We haven't got a set date for the feature yet, but we hope to deliver it in the months to come!

Ok, just finished up the campaign and now I'm ready for Horde if anyone is game, I have the Ultimate edition which I assume means I can pick any map when hosting but I'm not sure how it works, is it private only or public too?

Ok, just finished up the campaign and now I'm ready for Horde if anyone is game, I have the Ultimate edition which I assume means I can pick any map when hosting but I'm not sure how it works, is it private only or public too?

You can host any private match / get access to the developers playlist every 3 weeks where you can play the 2 new maps launching that month for a week for double xp / 20% extra coins.

You can also search the dev playlist with 2 other non season passowners and let them benefit from your season pass. :)

For Horde, you can host a private on any map with the SP.

You can host any private match / get access to the developers playlist every 3 weeks where you can play the 2 new maps launching that month for a week for double xp / 20% extra coins.

You can also search the dev playlist with 2 other non season passowners and let them benefit from your season pass. :)

For Horde, you can host a private on any map with the SP.
I'm guessing then there is no way to host a private match which can then have others join so I can play every map? Hmm kind of regretting spending £50 now on an impulse buy!

I'm guessing then there is no way to host a private match which can then have others join so I can play every map? Hmm kind of regretting spending £50 now on an impulse buy!

No. Not unless you invite them in. I did warn people before hand not to buy the ultimate edition if you read the thread! All DLC is free and rotates every so often. £20.87 is a big price difference.

No. Not unless you invite them in. I did warn people before hand not to buy the ultimate edition if you read the thread! All DLC is free and rotates every so often. £20.87 is a big price difference.
Oh well it's done now. It wouldn't have been a major issue if you could play Horde offline because at least then I could mess about with cheats. As is it takes so long to do 1-50 waves, on Normal, with no deaths 3 of us took 3hrs and with deaths in the other 5!

Honestly I don't think I can dedicate that much time to it, especially as the level grinding for all the best gear means I'm weak as compared to some people. I enjoyed the challenge before but now it seems like first I need to grind the good stuff before even attempting insane.

Oh well it's done now. It wouldn't have been a major issue if you could play Horde offline because at least then I could mess about with cheats. As is it takes so long to do 1-50 waves, on Normal, with no deaths 3 of us took 3hrs and with deaths in the other 5!

Honestly I don't think I can dedicate that much time to it, especially as the level grinding for all the best gear means I'm weak as compared to some people. I enjoyed the challenge before but now it seems like first I need to grind the good stuff before even attempting insane.

It doesn't take too long to get there assuming you take advantage of the developers playlist when it's around. I love Horde so it's always worth a go, even if it's a boring speedrun. :)

You can now get a refund if you have played less than 2 hours of the game.

i think it counts for the pc too .
Microsoft tests Steam-style refunds for Windows Store and Xbox One

I'm too late for that as I got it just after launch and have played nearly 20hrs now :laugh:. 2 matches of Horde were almost as long as the campaign on Hardcore!

I'm too late for that as I got it just after launch and have played nearly 20hrs now :laugh:. 2 matches of Horde were almost as long as the campaign on Hardcore!

If you fancy a wild ride, you can do a looking for group in the xbox app for a speedrun on insane on war machine. You basically block the horde boss spawns and spawn trap them with turrets. Only takes about an hour 30. Done many of them to boost my rank up.

If you fancy a wild ride, you can do a looking for group in the xbox app for a speedrun on insane on war machine. You basically block the horde boss spawns and spawn trap them with turrets. Only takes about an hour 30. Done many of them to boost my rank up.
I like the sound of this.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom