Gears of War 4 - Ranked Crossplay coming soon!

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gears-of-War-4-Multiplayer-Beta-491737.jpg

Gears of War 4 is an upcoming third-person shooter video game developed by The Coalition and published by Microsoft Studios for Microsoft Windows and Xbox One. It will be the fifth installment in the Gears of War series and the fourth main instalment.

The game will be released exclusively on the Windows 10 Windows Store. If you buy the game on Xbox.com you get a digital copy of the game on PC. Do not buy a physical copy of the Xbox version, you will not get the PC version. It features cross play for Horde and Campaign co-op.

Graphics Options Detail in Video:

About time we had one of these! I for one will be playing a lot of this in the near future. Will you join me brothers, to the end? :D :clap:

EDIT: Social Play is now crossplay with Xbox.

NEW EDIT: Crossplay toggle coming for Ranked Crossplay. PC players will be able to find games!

Last edited:
This is excellent news! I love the Gears games and was thinking I might have to get an XBO to play it. Now I can play it at 4k instead :clap:

This is excellent news! I love the Gears games and was thinking I might have to get an XBO to play it. Now I can play it at 4k instead :clap:

Hell yeah. Will definitely upload some lovely 3440x1440 screens. :smashin: Let's hope the player base is better than Gears of War Ultimate Edition on PC and that people aren't put off because it's the Windows Store. It looks like it's shaping up to be a good title with a load of graphical options too.

Last edited:
So if you buy this from the windows store or xbox.com you can play on pc and xbox one if you want?

Yes indeed, you also get a single save file so you can move from one to the other. Cross play also applies to all co-op modes.

Less than a month to go chaps! :clap:

This will be my first gears since the first one. I'm in the mood for a new third person shooter :)

This will be my first gears since the first one. I'm in the mood for a new third person shooter :)

Feel free to add me, I love the noobs because I've been playing for years and still suck so can relate. :)

would be nice if they through in gears 1 remastered as a freebie ;)

i will be getting this at some point.

would be nice if they through in gears 1 remastered as a freebie ;)

i will be getting this at some point.
It's the only way to make up for releasing it dead on arrival with no announcement it even existed.

If I'd have thought and actually upgraded to W10 instead of staying on 7, I may have been looking forward to this doh !

If I'd have thought and actually upgraded to W10 instead of staying on 7, I may have been looking forward to this doh !

It's not like you can't upgrade to 10...

ssshhh

i actually managed seriously 2.0, seriously 1.0 was bugged as stats did not count if players dropped out before games end... and players always dropped out IME.

seriously 3.0 was truly insane.. after a few weeks of thinking about it i realised it was never gonna happen......... seriously 4.0.... hard to say how nuts it will be. i like achievment hunting when they are fun, but find they can get addictive - and not in a good way - if not careful - i spent maybe 15hrs redoing the last level in gears 2 for seriously 2.0 and that was not fun at all.

looking forward to gears 4 however... but not sure i am happy with the F2P type micro transactions going in to it.

thankfully iam out of the achievement addiction now and *hopefully* wont go back to the darkside again. (I cant lie tho, i was a bit gutted to learn last week that wings remastered games completion achievements are broken... i was thinking i would get my 1st max game achievement on a steam game in that one, but now it cant happen)

i actually managed seriously 2.0, seriously 1.0 was bugged as stats did not count if players dropped out before games end... and players always dropped out IME.

seriously 3.0 was truly insane.. after a few weeks of thinking about it i realised it was never gonna happen......... seriously 4.0.... hard to say how nuts it will be. i like achievment hunting when they are fun, but find they can get addictive - and not in a good way - if not careful - i spent maybe 15hrs redoing the last level in gears 2 for seriously 2.0 and that was not fun at all.

looking forward to gears 4 however... but not sure i am happy with the F2P type micro transactions going in to it.

thankfully iam out of the achievement addiction now and *hopefully* wont go back to the darkside again. (I cant lie tho, i was a bit gutted to learn last week that wings remastered games completion achievements are broken... i was thinking i would get my 1st max game achievement on a steam game in that one, but now it cant happen)
Not sure how it will be done in GoW but AFAIK the ones in Halo 5 don't break the games balance so it should be fine. Not the same developer but there may be a directive there for Microsoft Studios games.

Presume I can't get that having bought the 1070 from Amazon :(

That just persuaded me to pull the trigger on a 1070 I've had my eye on last week or so, I can't remember the last Gears I played, but it was a blast.

If it had included the 1060, I would have got the 6gb one instead of an AMD 470/480

Would love to play this, but £50 is too much, especially as I probably won't touch the MP side.

Would love to play this, but £50 is too much, especially as I probably won't touch the MP side.

Some people dont want to play the game so sell the code as it came free with their graphic cards. Just keep an eye out on classifieds, I got mine for £25 this way.

I bought for £40. Game sharing with a friend, makes it £20 each.

Preload will be available later today!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom