Gears of War 4 - Ranked Crossplay coming soon!

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
Most of my issues seem to occur with beta drivers. 375.75 gave me a consistently split frame in the lower third of the display that was very annoying. Not happening with 375.70 but still get occasionally glitch graphics when browsing cards and class skills.

arminvanbuuren

I've been running 372.90, not sure if this was the update for GoW4.. might be why the frame rate wasn't perfect. I had to reduce some settings to get a good frame rate at 1080p.
I'm downloading 375.70 now.

GMC79

Distinguished Member
My last drivers were 372.90 and had no issues. And is why i only do drivers every couple of months or so. No point if works, as the talk of issues above proves :)

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
My last drivers were 372.90 and had no issues. And is why i only do drivers every couple of months or so. No point if works, as the talk of issues above proves :)

That's fair enough. I like to be on the latest if possible but make exceptions when I play Gears constantly. I had to turn vsync off in the NVCP to get the graphical glitches to be much less frequent.

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
I'm on 369.09, not seen any issues with these drivers so have't changed them.

John

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
Just to add, I get massive black bar glitches when vsync (and gsync) is ON in the menus, haven't seen it in game yet. This is on 375.70 which were clean installed via DDU.

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
Guys some useful info for you G-Sync people. You need to set Vsync in game to ON for G-Sync to work. Since I've done this I've seen no graphical glitches and I don't seem to be getting any additional lag as far as I can tell. Odd behaviour.

Just to add, it now works great with no graphical glitches on the latest beta driver 375.76 with vsync on. :clap:

Last edited:

Spinke

Is there an AVF group playing this online? I've picked the game up but not got into it yet.

arminvanbuuren

A group would be good.. I got to level 40 in Horde with two others, then one of them quit for some reason quickly followed by the other. Bit of a waste lol. There was only 3 of us since two people quit in wave 1

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Just cracked and bagged nvidia code from ebay

£25.20

I would not have bothered but was told you get all the maps in the season pass just that they play in rotation rather than picking them

I am fine with that. I cant wait to get back into horde again

Furnace Inferno

What happens if someone has the ultimate edition (like me) and can select whatever they want? Can I still invite people without the season pass?

I'll be available for some serious controller based game time for the next 6 weeks owing to the fact I got hit by a car cycling and have a broken arm so can't use my wheel :mad: but am also house bound from kidney damage which is actually much more boring when you have no choice!

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
There's a thread for Horde in the Xbox section here:

Gears 4 - Horde!!

Cross play seems to work fine with the Xbox including party chat, my GT is JohnMcL7 and up for Horde although the times I'm on are erratic as I work shifts.

I am finding the public horde games frustrating, the quitting has gone from bad to ridiculous and I've had numerous games now where everyone has quit before even the first wave. There's a lot of quitting anyway and due to the bounties a lot of people are quitting after wave 20, I'm also finding a lot of the players are terrible - scouts sitting on turrets buying repair tools instead of picking up power, engineers never building anything, people that keep building sentries etc.

I am finding it a superb game but I need to make more effort to play with people rather than randoms. I've not seen anything on making changes to horde mode, allowing matchmade players to drop in to existing games might help (I find the higher waves more fun anyway) but I think they really need a much quicker mode around 15 waves or so as one of the main problems is 50 waves is just far too long.

John

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
What happens if someone has the ultimate edition (like me) and can select whatever they want? Can I still invite people without the season pass?

Yep, that's right - you can host a private match and choose all the options including the map and anyone can join regardless of whether they have the season pass or not. Those going into public games will get a random map out of the set currently on rotation and I think in private matches those hosting without the season pass can only choose a map from the current rotation.

John

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
once i am all set up i will have to meet some of you online for a game :)

(though will mean i will have to get out of my space ship in elite)

amardilo

Distinguished Member
Is there an AVF group playing this online? I've picked the game up but not got into it yet.
A group would be good.. I got to level 40 in Horde with two others, then one of them quit for some reason quickly followed by the other. Bit of a waste lol. There was only 3 of us since two people quit in wave 1

There are a few who play on the Xbox One forum. If you are playing horde or private social mp you should be able to play together.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
damn. got my NVidia code and it states gears of 4 is out of stock :(

I have given my email for if more come in stock but it does say whilst stocks last

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Tried again 3 hrs later and it worked. 80gb now coming in over my tinpot internet. Left on over night and still only at 37gb!!!!!!

Furnace Inferno

Tried again 3 hrs later and it worked. 80gb now coming in over my tinpot internet. Left on over night and still only at 37gb!!!!!!
Yeh download sizes are becoming ridiculous. I've got it installed on my HDD at the moment because my 1TB SSD is full with things like GTAV, AC Unity, Arkam Knight etc. which are all 50GB plus!

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
Apparently the KOTH Gnashers only playlist that's on at the moment is crossplay according to a picture of some text chat from a Xbox One only friend. They kept that quiet!

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Question , how i do speak to other people while they are on the xboxes ?
im playing with a few friends , but i can't hear them nore can they hear me ?
im using a the hyperx clouds 2 as my head set .

Last edited:

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
Quick question , how i do speak to other people while they are on the xboxes ?
im playing with a few friends , but i can't hear them nore can they hear me ?
im using a the hyperx clouds 2 as my head set .

Are you using Xbox party chat? That's what I've been using with Xbox friends while I'm playing on the PC and seems to work fine using an Xbox one controller with the stereo headset.

I can hear randoms talking (although they rarely do), I think to speak you need to press the Ctrl button as it's push to talk although I've never had a response in game so I don't know if it's working.

My gamertag is JohnMcL7, I can help you test your audio and have the game on both Xbox and PC.

John

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Are you using Xbox party chat? That's what I've been using with Xbox friends while I'm playing on the PC and seems to work fine using an Xbox one controller with the stereo headset.

I can hear randoms talking (although they rarely do), I think to speak you need to press the Ctrl button as it's push to talk although I've never had a response in game so I don't know if it's working.

My gamertag is JohnMcL7, I can help you test your audio and have the game on both Xbox and PC.

John

Im on the pc and my mates are all on the xbox ( playing horde ) , they have sent me a game invite and chat invite , but didn't receive any of them ( i just joined from the xbox app on the pc to get into the game )
i did look at the "push to talk" option, tried it on and off and pushing ctrl but still no coms going
as i say im using the hyper x 2's and looking in the settings on the pc it seems to be working ( works in the likes of bf4 ) but not in this game for some reason

where do i find the party chat option on the pc ?
maybe next time i could set up the party chat and see if that works .

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
If your friends are using party chat then they won't be heard through game chat, they will only be able to hear each other. The game and party invites should come in as notifications on the right hand side of the screen (I'm assuming you're using Win10), also you should be able to go to your friend's profile and join their party.

If you want to create a party and then invite people to it, when you open the Xbox app you'll see four tabs at the top right - Friends, Party, Messages and Notifications. If you click the second one (it looks like a figure with another person behind each shoulder) you have the option to start a party.

John

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW UK for February 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Piega launches Ace Wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
M&K Sound launches V+ Series subwoofers