Gears of War 4 - Ranked Crossplay coming soon!

sykotik

Distinguished Member
If your friends are using party chat then they won't be heard through game chat, they will only be able to hear each other. The game and party invites should come in as notifications on the right hand side of the screen (I'm assuming you're using Win10), also you should be able to go to your friend's profile and join their party.

If you want to create a party and then invite people to it, when you open the Xbox app you'll see four tabs at the top right - Friends, Party, Messages and Notifications. If you click the second one (it looks like a figure with another person behind each shoulder) you have the option to start a party.

John
Yea im on W10 , but haven't received any notifications ( in fact i haven't touch any of the settings with in the xbox app , so it maybe turned off for some reason .
thanks john , i will take a look at this tomorrow , im off the bed just now , thanks for the info :smashin:

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
I've had a look in the app and you can turn those notifications off so you may be right there, with the Xbox app open you should have a cog at the bottom left of the app - click that then choose the second tab 'Notifications' and there's an option there to enable Party and Game Invitations. There are also Windows 10 settings on notifications one of which sets which apps are allowed to send notifications, one of those is the Xbox app so worth checking there as well if the Xbox one looks ok.

John

amardilo

Distinguished Member
Question , how i do speak to other people while they are on the xboxes ?
im playing with a few friends , but i can't hear them nore can they hear me ?
im using a the hyperx clouds 2 as my head set .

I've been playing on PC while friends have been on Xbox Ones. If they are chatting in a Party Chat you need to join their Party Chat, the easiest way (for me) is to join the party chat from the Xbox app.

If you are not getting notifications have you checked to see if you have notifications for invites and other things turned on in the Xbox app (it's somewhere under the Settings section)? There is also a Network section that tests to make sure all required ports are open and your NAT type (sometimes issues are related to having a port issue or a moderate/closed NAT).

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Ill take a look at all the setting , as suggested by your self and John above
it will be something simple that stopping me from chatting with others .

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
Ill take a look at all the setting , as suggested by your self and John above
it will be something simple that stopping me from chatting with others .

Check you've enabled the microphone in the privacy settings (of the Windows 10 SETTINGS app) for the xbox app and game.

Last edited:

sykotik

Distinguished Member
I have enabled some settings within the W10's privacy section ,
Background apps > xbox :eek:n, gears of war: on
Microphone app set to : on> as well as gears of war and xbox set to :eek:n
Notifications : set to on

With in the xbox app (W10) >settings > notifications> all ticked to on

Within the game's i have changed to the "push to talk" to off > so i speak with out having to push a button.
now i can speak to a mate with in the game it's self but
i asked him to send me a invite to a chat party , but did not receive it , no notification pop up at all
and i can't see an option to join the party neither.

is there any thing else i should be looking at ?

amardilo

Distinguished Member
I have enabled some settings within the W10's privacy section ,
Background apps > xbox :eek:n, gears of war: on
Microphone app set to : on> as well as gears of war and xbox set to :eek:n
Notifications : set to on

With in the xbox app (W10) >settings > notifications> all ticked to on

Within the game's i have changed to the "push to talk" to off > so i speak with out having to push a button.
now i can speak to a mate with in the game it's self but
i asked him to send me a invite to a chat party , but did not receive it , no notification pop up at all
and i can't see an option to join the party neither.

is there any thing else i should be looking at ?

Have you checked your Network stats in the Xbox app?

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Have you checked your Network stats in the Xbox app?
yea seems to be OK
stats.jpg

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
Yea that is turned on too ..

If you've used some windows 10 tracking blocking app it has no doubt buggered it up. Notifications in xbox app on too? There's a windows services called connected telemetry or something to that effect, set that to automatic and restart.

Also try uninstalling the xbox apps via powershell, Google how. Restart, then reinstall them.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
If you've used some windows 10 tracking blocking app it has no doubt buggered it up. Notifications in xbox app on too? There's a windows services called connected telemetry or something to that effect, set that to automatic and restart.

Also try uninstalling the xbox apps via powershell, Google how. Restart, then reinstall them.
Im thinking you could be right , im using "spybot anti-beacon"
will try disabling it tonight and see if it make any difference .

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
hmmm i started an insane co-op playthrough last night with a mate....
I hate being cheesed in games.. to a degree Gears always cheesed it a bit on insane, with the bad guys just being bullet sponges. i didnt like that but i tolerated it..

However...... removing the revive mechanic is just lame imo. I guess they did it becasue the devs were unable to make good enough ai to make it hard without cheating.... but, removing the pick up an ally for human players, whilst giving the ai - both friend and fo - the ability to pick themselves up is just cheap imo.

definitely a big negative of the game for me.

Kwman

hmmm i started an insane co-op playthrough last night with a mate....
I hate being cheesed in games.. to a degree Gears always cheesed it a bit on insane, with the bad guys just being bullet sponges. i didnt like that but i tolerated it..

However...... removing the revive mechanic is just lame imo. I guess they did it becasue the devs were unable to make good enough ai to make it hard without cheating.... but, removing the pick up an ally for human players, whilst giving the ai - both friend and fo - the ability to pick themselves up is just cheap imo.

definitely a big negative of the game for me.

It is the most frustrating and hard insane campaign so far. I'm just waiting on my mate to finish insane then we will try insane coop together, but I'm dreading it especially with the no revive option.

amardilo

Distinguished Member
Hows the campaign on this peeps?

I thought it was a bit up and down but overall I thought it was good.

There are several different enemy types and some varied sections (some areas you hunker down and defend like Horde mode and others you travel from one area to another). However I think you spend too long early on fighting robots and the early sections lack the gore and horror tones of the first game.

The environments and effects are great and vary things up.

Storywise it's OK, not great and a bit obvious but it's kind of funny and I think the developers have a bit of a wink and nod to Gears fans (not going to give anything away but I liked it).

Saying all that the campaign plays like a Gears game and is spot on in my opinion.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Cheers. I know it's cheap at the moment on the store but don't really have the time to play it yet.

arminvanbuuren

I felt compelled to play the online after paying that much money for a 9 hour game.
I wanted more since its the first gears ive played since the original.
It is fun of course. The graphics are stunning and it runs smooth too.

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
Feral Horde Weekend: LIVE NOW until Feb 27th
Fight like an animal in the Feral Horde Weekend Event! Now live, this special weekend Horde Event includes our first ever Horde variant playlist, a brand new Gear Pack that accelerates the growth of your Epic Skill collection, Double Class XP and a special Play And Earn challenge!

Feral Horde Playlist
Get ready for a new fight with our FIRST EVER Horde Variant playlist - Feral Horde!

Feral Horde ratchets up the intensity of each wave, changing the composition of each wave to focus more on constant pressure and unrelenting assault. Prepare to move, dodge and scrap your way to victory against new waves filled with hefty amounts of Explosive Trackers, Swarm Grenadiers, DR-1s, Dropshot Scions and more!

(This playlist is set to Hardcore Difficulty. Clocktower is the only available map in this playlist).

Feral Horde - Register, Play, Earn
feralswarm_1000x1000-17edf37e7dbf432693e2937b53c0f0e0.jpg

Grab your friends and build your squad - as part of the Feral Horde event this weekend, you can earn special Feral Swarm character skins by taking on the Feral Horde playlist! Three Swarm Character skins are up for grabs that can only be earned through registering for this competition and completing the objectives below. You can’t find these characters anywhere else!

To participate, register your Gamertag and complete the following objectives in the Feral Horde Playlist:

Complete 50 Waves in the Feral Horde playlist, earn the Tiger Skin.
Complete 100 Waves in the Feral Horde playlist, earn the Cheetah Skin.
Complete 200 Waves in the Feral Horde playlist, earn the Snow Leopard Skin

Feral Horde Gear Pack
DIhMjHz.jpg

Prepare for this weekend's Feral challenges with the Feral Horde Pack! This 3 Card Gear Pack features two new Feral Weapon skin sets to collect as well as a greatly increased chance to earn Epic Horde Skills compared to standard Horde Booster Gear Packs. Find it for 400 Credits in-game now.

Double Class XP
As an added bonus, all Horde players can enjoy Double Class XP in every version of Horde this weekend - Feral, Public and Private play. Level up your class faster this weekend and use your bigger Card Hand to take on the challenge of Feral Horde!

The Feral Horde playlist, Play And Earn challenge, Gear Pack and Double Class XP are now live. Remember - you have to register on our official competition page to have your Waves Completed tracked for earning your Feral Swarm character skins!

We'll see you in our squad taking on Feral Horde! TC

stument

Distinguished Member
I still need to grab this for PC, Lent it off a lad for a few weeks on Xbox loved it!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

M&K Sound launches V+ Series subwoofers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon launches DHT-S517 Dolby Atmos soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Perlisten Audio launches loudspeaker ranges in UK
  • By Andy Bassett